Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Keyser Söze
    • Jan 2003

i do not understand the rep system, i relize how it works and why but why is it so limited? first off it doesnt display the number in the postbit, theres no option from what i can tel to turn that on, second there no way to edit or prune anything, admins have 0 control for the most part

another thing theres no way to look to se who voted for or against u

i got to many forums and i see the invision one, u click on a number next to ur rep: and it lists who voted, for what thread and on what date, has everything

u put this system in and its just a waste
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

To display the number of reputation in a digital format use $post[reputation]
    Yes, there is, if you enable reputation there should be a list of the last X ammount of people who have given you reputation. And if set users can see who gave them reputation as well.

Comment

• Keyser Söze
      • Jan 2003

$post[reputation]

ok so what code am i suppose to enter and in what template? and where in the template

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

After $post[posts] would be a good place, in the postbit or postbit_legacy template.

Comment

• Keyser Söze
          • Jan 2003

ok worked but i see no option to allow users to see who voted for/against them, where is it?

also is there a command in mysql that i could reset everyones rating to 10
          Last edited by Keyser Söze; Wed 19 May '04, 3:53pm.

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

AdminCP > Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > General Permissions > Can See Who Left User Ratings > YEs

Comment

• Keyser Söze
              • Jan 2003

yea i see it, my group admin is set to yes already, so why cant i see it? when i click on the img it is empt, where exactly would u veiw it? i would like for the number to be a link to a popup that displays the list of who left what

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Keyser Söze
                yea i see it, my group admin is set to yes already, so why cant i see it? when i click on the img it is empt, where exactly would u veiw it? i would like for the number to be a link to a popup that displays the list of who left what
                See attached image

Comment

• Disturb3d
                  • Apr 2002

Hello Zachery, me and söze tried all your suggestions but we're not getting any results.

i checked the user cp area and i still cant find the rep points given?

these are the settings that we're using, could you point out if theres something wrong with these settings or if we missed something maybe?

Pic1 - Rep Options
                  Pic2 - Rep Permission

//edit

nevermind, tis fixed now.

thanks ;D
                  Last edited by Disturb3d; Sat 22 May '04, 2:02am.
                  imma pirate!

HARR!!1two

Comment

• Keyser Söze
                    • Jan 2003

i figured it out, anyways another thing, i see the option for "admin" number to give on rep poitive, i set it to 1, i want each time a user give a positive it only increases/decreases by 1, how do i do this right now its like 20

Comment

• Keyser Söze
                      • Jan 2003

any update on this?

Comment

• Keyser Söze
                        • Jan 2003

i need some clarification on this, i want to set how many points someones +/- gives a person, how do i do that, i cant find the option, so i can set how many points a person get when they get a + or a - rep post

right now its crazy, i give someone a negative and it takes off 70 or so, a positive gives 139 whats up with that

Comment

• Keyser Söze
                          • Jan 2003

anyone going to answer this i hate to sound impatient

Comment

• Zachery
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Jul 2002

The ammount of reputation everyone gives is based on their REPUTATION POWER, which is effected by several values,

You give the full ammount of repuation power, but only take away half.

Comment

• welo
                              • Sep 2003
                              • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

Although I admit KS is being a bit annoying on this issue, I also admit he has a valid point. I like the idea of the reputation system but its present functionality and management leave a lot to be desired.

For the life of me I cannot see why all reputation management tools aren't in the ACP "Reputation" menu rather than strewn throughout the interface. Matter of fact, I'm also curious as to why I see no ACP help documentation on this whatsoever (they all show up blank when you click a "?").

I didn't activate the reputation system on our board for a solid four months after install because there was no clear way to ascertain what it was going to do or how to manage it. Plus I'd really like to be able to assign predetermined reputation amounts and levels based on promotion by post count.
                              "I can't seem to bring myself to say, 'Well, I guess I'll be toddling along.'
                              It isn't that I can't toddle. It's that I can't guess I'll toddle."

--Robert Benchley (1889-1945)

Comment