Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Delhaze
    • Jun 2001

vButton3 CS

PSD files must be in a folder called psd in the same folder as the vButton3 CS.exe and follow the same folder structure as the original vb3gfx_largelayered.zip file.
    i.e.
    psd/buttons
    psd/statusicon

Images are output to a folder called gif in the same folder as the vButton3 CS.exe and will follow the same folder structure as the vBulletin 3.01 images folder. (They will be overwritten on each run of vButton3)
    i.e.
    gif/buttons
    gif/statusicon

When the program is first run it will create a file called font.list in the same folder as the vButton3 CS.exe. It will contain an entry for a single font, the default font used in the buttons - Tahoma-Bold.

If you do not have Photoshop CS you can change any settings other than font, and send (via a paypal donation) all the colour settings to me so I can create your buttons and email them to you.

Photoshop CS users can update the font list at any time by clicking the Update Font List button. Photoshop CS will then be opened and closed automatically while the fonts are read.

Changing fonts and font sizes will take some trial and error to get the best results.
    Changing the actual text of layers is also a bit limited as the placement of the text within the button is fixed.

There are a few buttons that can change the RGB values about, which can give you a few quick variations on a current style.

You can save your current settings to a file called custom.vbf in the same folder as the vButton CS.exe using the save button and it will be loaded next time vButton3 is run.

You can also pick up Matte Class colours from a vBulletin 3 web page if you already have a style created.

Donations buttons have been included for both PayPal and Nochex so you can show your appreciation.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Delhaze; Sun 13 Jun '04, 4:30am.
  • Dean C
    • Mar 2002
    • 3.5.x

I'll test this right away
    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• rebelsrock06
      • Jan 2004
      • 3.6.x

its not working properyly

PSD file couldnt be found and a runtime error'67'
      Rebel Designs Studios

Comment

• Breaker
        • Jan 2002
        • 3.8.x

is this any different from the test copy i recieved, another words should i bother downloading this?
        Unlike most, I don't think I'm always right, if I'm wrong, CORRECT me.... providing you have some evidence

Comment

• colicab-d
          • Dec 2002
          • 3.0.0 'Gold'

I know its a dumb question but will this work with any psd file i give it? i.e a diff custome button?

Comment

• cerebro
            • Mar 2002
            • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Thanks!

Comment

• Dan
              • Dec 2002

I'll try it as soon as I get my new copy of Photoshop.

Comment

• Chris Schreiber
                • Jun 2000
                • 4.0.x

Works great, thanks!

Comment

• Floris
                  • Dec 2001

Works great, thank you very much from sharing.

Comment

• DiscussAnything
                    • Nov 2002

Great software!

I am having a spot of trouble with the 'get matte class' feature.

I put in my url and press the green arrow, but nothing happens.

What URL should I be using? Just the mainpage of my forums?

Thanks!
                    www.discussanything.com

Comment

• Delhaze
                      • Jun 2001

Yes.

I haven't exactly tested that part fully, but it should work ok on any standard vb3 home page. Of course if it's been drastically altered then it won't be able to find the style's while parsing the html.

If you had given the URL I might have been able to test and therfore help further.

Comment

• MegaHertz
                        • Jun 2003

First I want to say thanks to Delhaze for making such an awesome app. It makes implementing new styles a hundred time easier. Now for my problem/question.

Anyone else having a problem making Gray or Black buttons?

When the buttons are built several of the misc and some of the statusicon buttons always come out red instaed of the colors specified in vButton. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or if it just doesn't like making buttons that are dark colored. I can post examples if needed.

Comment

• Delhaze
                          • Jun 2001

Originally posted by MegaHertz
                          First I want to say thanks to Delhaze for making such an awesome app. It makes implementing new styles a hundred time easier. Now for my problem/question.

Anyone else having a problem making Gray or Black buttons?

When the buttons are built several of the misc and some of the statusicon buttons always come out red instaed of the colors specified in vButton. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or if it just doesn't like making buttons that are dark colored. I can post examples if needed.
                          New version uploaded

Comment

• MegaHertz
                            • Jun 2003

Forgot to post back and say thanks for the fix it seems to be working just fine now.

Comment

• Experience
                              • Jul 2003
                              • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 4

I see, you can not make all Buttons Can you update vButton to edit all images ?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...