X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • townjester
    • Feb 2004
    • 3.5.x

directory change.

i was wanting to move my installed 3.0 to the directory home/forums/bla bla bla. right now it is just under the main . home/ bla bla bla.
    what am i going to have to edit, or what is going to be the easyist way to do it.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Of course you will need to move all your vB files and sub-directories. Then update the forum URL in the Admin CP and also the Members Area.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• somedevil
      • Apr 2004

Steve,

A follow up question that I think is pretty much the same, but I'm beyond technically challenged so here it goes:

I've currently got my forum at mydomain.com/myforum and want to switch it over to mydomain.com/forum.

Would renaming the directory where VBulletin is installed from 'myforum' to 'forum' and then going into the Admin panel and changing the URL to 'forum' do the trick? Or am I missing something? Thanks!

SD

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

That's all you need to do for it to work. You should also update the URL to your forums in the Members Area.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• somedevil
          • Apr 2004

Thanks Steve!!

SD

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...