Clear All
  • HostDirectory
    • Jan 2003

Step 37 - please wait?

I am currently upgrading now - i am on step 37 and it says,

Step 37) Import vbulletin-style.xml

Importing vbulletin-style.xml MASTER STYLE

Please Wait

Its been 10 minutes, do i keep waiting or click next?
    Add your web design and web hosting companies to my Web Hosting Directory
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Is youtr PHP compiled with XML support? Do you have a phpinfo.php file? If not create a text file with this content:

PHP Code:
    <?php
    phpinfo
    ();
    ?>
    Name it 'phpinfo.php' then upload it to your forum directory and post the URL here. This will help us troubleshoot the problem.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• HostDirectory
      • Jan 2003

I don't know if my php supports xml, my php on my server is php 4.3.4 you can see the info on it here - http://demetertest.hmdnsgroup.com/info.php . I went ahead and uploaded the phpinfo file. You can see it here www.hostcompanies.com/forums/phpinfo.php .

I am still stuck on the upgrade script - it still says please wait. What do i do now? Exit the browser until we can find out the problem or delete the vb3 files and reupload them and start again?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

PHP is ciompiled with XML support. It's possible that the server is just processing this step very slowly. I would continue to wait at least one hour.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• HostDirectory
          • Jan 2003

ok... i will wait 1 hour, and then if nothing happens what should i do?

Perhaps some of the files did not upload properly?
          I usually use leech to upload but it was having problems so i used dreamweaver, but dreamweaver uploads automatically... you can't select ASCII for certain files.

Maybe i should get a new ftp and start from stratch or give it an hour first?
          What do you recommend?

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

I have heard of upload problems with Dreamweaver and I strongly recommend against using it. Essentially you need to make sure ALL non-image files are uploaded as ASCII. It could very well be that DW uploaded the .style files as Binary.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• HostDirectory
              • Jan 2003

Ok... at this point i think it best that i find another ftp program and start again. If i reupload the files... can i start again from step 1, incase there have been other problems?

Also do you know a good ftp to recommend?

Comment

• HostDirectory
                • Jan 2003

I was thinking of deleting all files and uploading them again with a new ftp program. Will this enable me to start off with the install script on step 1?
                I am worryed that if other files were not loaded properly then i may get problems unless i start again from step 1.

Also.. do you know any reliable ftp programs to use? I normally use leetch to upload in ASCII but this time round it was having problems - files not uploading when it said they had, etc... thats why i used dreamweaver.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

I don't use ftp programs so I don't have any recommendations. I use zmodem on the server for file uploads.

After you have uploaded the files again you should choose the option to clear the database the next time you run the install script.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• HostDirectory
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                    I don't use ftp programs so I don't have any recommendations. I use zmodem on the server for file uploads.

After you have uploaded the files again you should choose the option to clear the database the next time you run the install script.
                    I deleted all the files and uploaded them again making sure they were uploaded in ASCII mode. However when running the install script again it started on step 38, there was no option to clear the database and start again from step 1?

This is what it now says,

Step 38) Build Style Information
                    Rebuild Style Information
                    Updating style sets with no parent information
                    • No Styles Needed Updating
                    Updating style information for each style...
                    • vBulletin 3 ... (Templates) (Stylevars) (CSS) (Replacement Variables) Done.
                      • Web Site Hosting Forums, web hosting and webmaster forums vBulletin 3 Style ... (Templates) (Stylevars) (CSS) (Replacement Variables) Done.
                    • vBulletin 2 Default ... (Templates) (Stylevars) (CSS) (Replacement Variables) Done.
                    • [vBulletin 2 Default - Old Custom Templates] ... (Templates) (Stylevars) (CSS) (Replacement Variables) Done.

Can i not start again from step 1? I am not even sure if step 37 was sucsessful since i waited well over 1 hour and it just said "Please Wait" when i finally clicked off the browser.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

To clear the database, first delete it, then recreate a new one with the same name. Then start the install script again. Make sure your db user is assigned to that database.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• HostDirectory
                        • Jan 2003

Darn... i wouldn't have a clue how to do that. If i delete it would surely loose my data?
                        Where would the database be? Do i have to somehow find it in mysql?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          • Jul 2000

I'm confused. What data? If you are installing for the first time you have no data.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• HostDirectory
                            • Jan 2003

I am upgrading from 2.2.9 so my database would surely contain all my posts, threads, etc?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                              • Jul 2000

Sorry I thought you were installing. You will need to restore the backup of your 2.2.9 database, then run upgrade.php.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...