Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Bleh the editor didnt update my post, You will need to hack to give your users 1 point of reputation for every day

Comment

• Alastor
      • Apr 2004
      • 3.8.x

Eeek! Hack huh? Heh, this should be fun. How could I hack this do you think? Any ideas?

Maybe I'll just not screw with it.

Alastor.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

You can try asking at vBulletin.org

Comment

• pgowder
          • Mar 2001

Ok, so can we get back to my original question that still hasn't been answered??
          PowWows.com

Comment

• Alastor
            • Apr 2004
            • 3.8.x

pgowder, in additon to buying the boards because I wanted experts on the code to answer me, I also paid for support so that they had to answer me. Just as an update, since it seems like you're not going to get an answer here, I have openned a ticket that includes both of our concerns because they have to answer those - and in fairly short order. I'll come post the results when I get them.

Alastor.

Comment

• pgowder
              • Mar 2001

Surely someone at vBulletin knows the answer?

How did it get in the code? Magic?
              PowWows.com

Comment

• pgowder
                • Mar 2001

So has anyone on the vBulletin team found this answer yet?
                PowWows.com

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  Former Customer Support Manager
                  • Jul 2000

What question was that exactly? This one:

I see where I can add more levels of reputation, how does that correlate to the number of green dots you get? Where do I set that?
                  If so my testing showed that each dot was worth 50 points with a maximum of 11 dots showing no matter what the reputation.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• pgowder
                    • Mar 2001

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                    What question was that exactly? This one:

If so my testing showed that each dot was worth 50 points with a maximum of 11 dots showing no matter what the reputation.
                    When does it go to the bright green ones?

Can this be adjusted?
                    PowWows.com

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

I don't know. Sorry.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Alastor
                        • Apr 2004
                        • 3.8.x

pgowder,

If it makes you feel better, I got the same answer on the ticket I opened.

It strikes me as odd personally. It's like the guy who built the cabinet not being able to tell you if he used pine or oak...

I'm not trying to snipe or be a turd.... but the programmers on this very message board built the thing. If I'm overly critical, I apologize, but I do think it's fair to be critical to some extent here.

I dunno... if I built it and programmed it myself, I'm pretty sure I'd know or be able to find out how I built it. Mayhaps I'm wrong; not knowing much of computers...

I just find it terribly ... freakish that this is a newer feature, they built it, and don't know how it works, and can't find anyone in their office that does.

Anyway, the point is this seems to be a great mystery no matter who I ask or how. Like the program simply manifest itself in the code rather than being placed there by a sentient being.

I guess "live with it" has to be an acceptable answer, in lieu of anything else.

I'm there with ya' though, pgowder.

Just so you know.

Alastor.

Comment

• pgowder
                          • Mar 2001

I don't find this acceptable at all.

This should have been in the documentation on the day it was released.

And if that didn't happen, they should be able to find out the answer. I posted this question on 4/7. It's been over 2 weeks and they still can't answer it.

My users are trying to figure this thing out and I can't give them any answers.

That is just NOT acceptable.

Why again do we pay for yearly support?
                          PowWows.com

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            • Jul 2000

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to every single question. I am trying to find out more about the Reputation system but alas it's slow going.

By the way, I do a LOT more than just answer questions about the Reputation system. In fact over 99% of the support tickets and questions have nothing to do with that one topic. So although you find no use for our support, others thankfully do.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• pgowder
                              • Mar 2001

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                              I'm sorry I don't know the answer to every single question. I am trying to find out more about the Reputation system but alas it's slow going.

By the way, I do a LOT more than just answer questions about the Reputation system. In fact over 99% of the support tickets and questions have nothing to do with that one topic. So although you find no use for our support, others thankfully do.
                              Steve, I know that you guys do a great job and you have a lot of work to do, otherwise I wouldn't still be using your product.

But look at this from a user's perspective. You have built in functionality that no one can tell how it works. That isn't very good product support.

Again, someone at vBulletin has to know how it works.
                              PowWows.com

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
                                Former vBulletin Developer
                                • May 2000
                                • 1.1.x

First the easy one, putting 0 for any of the factors, will effectively disable that factor from having any effect on reputation power (how much a user gives and takes). Also, giving negative reputation only takes 1/2 of what positive would give, the value you see listed when you edit a user in the admin cp.

As for the dots, there is no chart for this since normally a user isn't supposed to actually know what a series of dots translates to in numeric terms. Just that bright green dots are better than dark green dots and the more dots you have, the higher the reputation. Having any bright dots at all means you have a higher reputation than someone who only has dark green dots. Same thing with the red dots, just in reverse.

The maximum number of dots you will see is 11 (in the current system).

-99 to 0
                                0 to 99
                                100 to 199
                                200 to 299
                                300 to 399
                                400 to 499

Once you hit 500, you will start gaining bright green dots on top of the 5 dark dots but it takes twice as much to gain a bright green dot.

500 to 699
                                700 to 899
                                900 to 1099
                                1100 to 1299
                                1300 to 1499
                                1500 and up

Negative values work pretty much the same way except it shows balanced (grey dot) from -99 to 0. I've just changed the code to only show balanced if your reputation is 0, less than 0 and it will show red dots. Some other things that I will be adding will be for you to be able to alter how often the dots show up so you can better adjust the system if you expect to have high or low reputation values.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...