How to boost traffic to your forum/what to install?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JarekN
    • Feb 2004
    • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 4

How to boost traffic to your forum/what to install?

Hello Everyone!

I am trying to boost traffic to my site, I've got the Arcade installd which is a gread addon to the forum as it keeps on bringing people back over and over...

Are there any other good mods you recommend one should install to improve traffic? Any dating mods out there? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

JarekN
    www.NiteLifeInfo.com
  • Vile
    • Jul 2002
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by JarekN
    Hello Everyone!

I am trying to boost traffic to my site, I've got the Arcade installd which is a gread addon to the forum as it keeps on bringing people back over and over...

Are there any other good mods you recommend one should install to improve traffic? Any dating mods out there? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

JarekN
    HiveMail and PhotoPost also help
    Webmaster / Administrator
    www.MegaGames.com
    www.MGForums.com

Comment

• IDN
      • Apr 2002
      • 3.5.x

Allow people to see your forums without logging in and don't make it pop up in a new window.
      Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

• Vile
        • Jul 2002
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by IDN
        Allow people to see your forums without logging in and don't make it pop up in a new window.
        Agreed....The overall design needs some work too.
        Webmaster / Administrator
        www.MegaGames.com
        www.MGForums.com

Comment

• JarekN
          • Feb 2004

More to it...

I do have coppermine integrated which works fine.

There is few reasons why I bring up the forum in a new window, also why people have to register... We use the registration for our mailing list, as well as access to member section which gives users guest lists and so on...

I am getting 30 new members on average but the user to post ratio is very low...

Recently I added two contests to see if I can get some more traffic....

Any suggestions very much appreciated...

Comment

• merk
            • Jul 2001

Letting users see content before having to register will get alot more posting members.

Most people will register and see that the content you offer is not what they want and never return.

I hate sites that do that and dont register, infact i leave pretty much straight away. (theres always another site that offers the same kind of topic you can create)

Comment

• colicab-d
              • Dec 2002
              • 3.0.0 'Gold'

merk we use that policy but its mainly becuase we have a lot of tutorials written and found users would hit our sites as guests use the tutorials and leave, never contributing to the forum or nowt thus we know let folk see the gallery etc and how many threads/posts and users are about aswell as the forum subjects but no content

Comment

• JarekN
                • Feb 2004

Improving user to post ratio...

I guess what I really would like to do is improve the user to post ratio... Any suggestions?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...