X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robinantill
    • Dec 2001
    • 4.2.x

Board not showing up

I have had my board running for about a year. Today when I click on the link http://www.rissykartclub.com/vbulletin/index.php? to the board nothing comes up. Also, from the admin section, if I click on the [Go to your forum homepafe] same thing happens.

Can any one give me any clues what I should be looking for to rectify this?
    Last edited by robinantill; Sat 19 Oct '02, 1:43pm.
  • Cary
    • Apr 2002
    • 3.6.x

Did you install any hacks or try to upgrade recently?

Additionally, check out John's post located in the FAQ Forum.

Comment

• robinantill
      • Dec 2001
      • 4.2.x

I have not installed any hacks or tried to upgrade. I went to John's page and checked the version of PHP which is 4.0.3 so should not be a problem. I will check with my web server if there is a limit on the amount of open files although I do not think this is the problem.

I created a new forum using the admin section and when I click on the link for this , this also go to a blank page.

Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Make sure there is no whitespace or extras lines in config.php either before the

<?php

or after the

?>
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• robinantill
          • Dec 2001
          • 4.2.x

I have checked and there is no whitespace or extra lines before or after
          <?php

?>.

Any other ideas?

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

If not copnfig.php, then it's almost certainly something wrong with one of the php files.

What version are you running? Have you installed any hacks?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• robinantill
              • Dec 2001
              • 4.2.x

vBulletin v2.2.0. I have not installed any hacks. As I say the board has run fine until yesterday with no problems, I did download version 2.2.6 which I was going to install at some time but have not done anything at the moment.

I have uploaded the repair.php and run it and it reports that the status on all items is OK and up to date.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

The first thing I'd suggest is upgrading to 2.2.8. There are many bug and security fixes since version 2.2.0. Then if you still have this problem let us know.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• robinantill
                  • Dec 2001
                  • 4.2.x

I updated to the latest version but this did not solve the problem.

My son suggested looking at the templates. I had changed the templates to suit my site but I found when I put the templates back to the default that the board worked. By process of elimination I found that I had deleted one of the files on the server which was needed in the Rissy footer template and this must have been the reason the page did not show up as it could not print all the web page.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

Originally posted by robinantill
                    By process of elimination I found that I had deleted one of the files on the server which was needed in the Rissy footer template and this must have been the reason the page did not show up as it could not print all the web page.
                    That would do it!

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...