Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toggle
    • Apr 2001

Deleted config.php

I just upgraded from 2.2.6 to 2.2.8. When I finished, I deleted my upgrade**.php files. I had also uploaded config.php.new, so I deleted that also. But I accidently config.php before doing so.

After deleting config.php, I noticed that whenever I tried to access the vB admin page -- or the forum pages -- I just got a blank screen.

Fortunately, right before the upgrade, I had backed up my forum. Not only through a SQL dump, but also by downloading all the forum's directories & files through FTP. So I uploaded my copy of config.php back to the 'admin' directory, and now vB's admin page and forum pages are working normally again.

But now I wonder ... is there a difference between the version of config.php in 2.2.6 and the one in 2.2.8? Perhaps I'm missing some helpful features or functionality. I thought about running through the 2.2.6 to 2.2.8 upgrade again to be safe, but I don't know if it would be a good idea to do that when 2.2.8 is already installed.

So is it OK to have a 2.2.6 config.php file installed in vB 2.2.8? And, if not, how do I fix it?

TIA
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Re: Deleted config.php

Originally posted by toggle
    is there a difference between the version of config.php in 2.2.6 and the one in 2.2.8?
    nope. you're good

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...