Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigGsSat
    • Jun 2002

Problem on lines 34 & 47

Warning: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /home/big-gs-s/public_html/my/forum/admin/db_mysql.php on line 34

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /home/big-gs-s/public_html/my/forum/admin/db_mysql.php on line 34

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/big-gs-s/public_html/my/forum/admin/db_mysql.php on line 47

Thank you,
    BigGsSat
  • MUG
    • Apr 2002

The username and password in config.php is incorrect. Fix it and reupload the file.

Comment

• BigGsSat
      • Jun 2002

But now I get this error

Warning: Access denied for user: 'BigGsSat@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/big-gs-s/public_html/my/forum/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: 'BigGsSat@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/big-gs-s/public_html/my/forum/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/big-gs-s/public_html/my/forum/admin/db_mysql.php on line 47

Comment

• MUG
        • Apr 2002

Is that the correct MySQL username and password? Your host should have this information for you.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

This means one or more of the following variables is wrong in config.php:

$dbusername
          $dbpassword
          $dbname

..or that the dbuser does not have permissions to access that db.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• BigGsSat
            • Jun 2002

Connect failed: unexpected error from the database.

Error number: 1044

Error description: Access denied for user: 'big-gs-s@localhost' to database 'vbulletin'

Please ensure that the database and server is correctly configured and try again.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

Same thing. You still don't have config.php set up correctly.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• BigGsSat
                • Jun 2002

How do I corrent it. in the cp, of my site do I take that info in mysql?

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                  Former vBulletin Developer
                  • Dec 2000

In your control panel you should be able to create a mysql user and then create a database, you should then give the user access to that database.

If you do not know contact your host for more help.
                  Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...