• Jan 2002

Problems..

URL: http://www.pgnx.net/forums
    PHP: 4.0.6
    MYSQL 3.23.36
    Error: Look below
    Hacked: No
    PHP Info Page: http://www.pgnx.net/ok.php
    • I enabled it so the forums says "Users Browsing This Forum: Users) No matter how many people are browsing that forum it only shows my username (for each member it shows their username)
    • In the posts, theres an image for offline/online.. It always show offline, even though that person IS online in the main page's who's online.
    • The view meter for the threads never goes up.
    • Also, it keeps telling members they have new PM's when they don't.
    • Some threads' reply meter goes up, but other's dont.

This came after I had a problem with the sessions table, it said "Cannot find session.myd" I made a mysql query REPAIR TABLE sessions and that was fixed.. Because someone had told me that's the code last time I had an error like that..

Help.
    Last edited by thinkjose; Wed 10 Jul '02, 8:17pm.
  • thinkjose
    • Jan 2002

I haven't been able to find any information that caused the forums to act this way..

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Hoenstly that's too many problems to troubleshoot without access to your admin cp. When did these problems start? Did you upgrade from a previous version? If so, when?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• thinkjose
        • Jan 2002

The problems started yesterday, after I 'fixed' the cannot find table session.myd.. I used REPAIR TABLE sessions after that I noticed the problems..

I'm not sure if the problems cause the sessions table to be corrupt and they just stuck after that.

I upgraded to v2.2.6 today because I thought it would fix the problem.. You can access my admin cp, no problem at all. PM you, email or what?

Because I'm the admin of the forums, not the owner the license is under my buddy's name.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          • Jul 2000

Hmmm...it sounds like the symptons you'd get if the session table was missing. Fill out a support ticket at:

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP and phpMyAdmin. It would also be helpful if you provided access to telnet or ssh.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• thinkjose
            • Jan 2002

Eh, another thing I noticed.. Some of the threads' reply count increases.. while another doesn't increase.. The view never increases though..

And I'll fill that out right now.

Comment

• thinkjose
              • Jan 2002

Problem: it said an email has been sent regarding my request.. But I'm not the user listed on the account, I just took over the administrating for the board..

My email is [email protected] , and it differs from the email on the account.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Any responses to the ticket will go to the email account on the license. There's really no way of getting around that.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

I took a look at your ticket and it appears that you have installed a few hacks. One thing I would suggest doing is to reupload the original vB php files to see if that fixes your problems. If so, then you can reapply one hack at a time making sure that your board works properly after each one.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• thinkjose
                    • Jan 2002

I already did that because I thought that was what caused my problems

The files are original 2.2.6 files.

I knew you guys didnt support hacked vB's so I re-uploaded the original files.

But when it did have the hacks nothing bad happened. It was after the sessions table, and then the searchindex tables got corrupted.
                    Last edited by thinkjose; Thu 11 Jul '02, 8:00pm.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

Could you update the ticket with the ftp access info?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• thinkjose
                        • Jan 2002

ftp info is the same as my plesk admin cp

username and password are the same, the host is pgnx.net

How do I "update" my ticket?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          • Jul 2000

I added the info to your ticket and sent a reply asking for further info.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• thinkjose
                            • Jan 2002

Eh, the person who bought the vB's comes on like once every two months to check up on me.. So that email is pretty much useless.

Comment

• thinkjose
                              • Jan 2002

Does he need to send you guys an email so you can change the license to my email?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...