Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Majestic3d
    • Nov 2001

vB Button

Is there going to be a release for Photoshop 7 in the near future or is it already planned for release ?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Don't know you would have to contact the author directly as we do not provide support for the program.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• scsa20
      • Feb 2002
      • 4.2.x

vB Buttons areadly works with Photoshop 7, I just got done testing it
      me won't have a signature for a loooooong time

Comment

• Majestic3d
        • Nov 2001

Does not work with Photoshop 7, wanna see a SS i get when executin vbutton ?

Comment

• scsa20
          • Feb 2002
          • 4.2.x

like I said, it works with Photoshop 7...don't trust me?? try it yourself and tell me if it works cuz when I tried it with photoshop 7, it works with no sweet

Comment

• scsa20
            • Feb 2002
            • 4.2.x

here's a screenshot

Comment

• Majestic3d
              • Nov 2001

Very parculiar indeed, let me install Photoshop 7 and i will then post what vbutton says. Does it matter if i am running Win 2k pro ?

Comment

• Majestic3d
                • Nov 2001

OK, just installed Photoshop 7 on my Win 2k PRO machine and still says Photoshop 6 is required... image attatched:

Comment

• scsa20
                  • Feb 2002
                  • 4.2.x

hmm...vary wired, maybe it worked for me because I have both Photoshop 6 and 7 installed

the program probly searches for the Photoshop 6 folder, I could probly fix this problem if I could see the soruce code (along with making it so you can choose the path where the vbuttons are)...try making a photoshop 6 folder in the Adobe folder and see what happens.

Comment

• Delhaze
                    • Jun 2001

Originally posted by scsa20
                    hmm...vary wired, maybe it worked for me because I have both Photoshop 6 and 7 installed

the program probly searches for the Photoshop 6 folder, I could probly fix this problem if I could see the soruce code (along with making it so you can choose the path where the vbuttons are)...try making a photoshop 6 folder in the Adobe folder and see what happens.
                    The check is done from the registry.

If v6 & v7 are installed it will run ok in v7.

The problem is the visual basic code uses routines in the v6 OLE library which has changed in v7, so v7 alone won't work.

The path can't be changed as it is hard coded into the action files. This is a limitation of photoshop actions.

A new scripting engine can be downloaded as an add on for version 7, which is much more powerful, and vbutton could be improved using it, including changing the path (moving the loading/saving to visual basic instead of actions), but the new version would not work on v6.

I have thought about doing a new version for v7, but I simply don't have the time.

Comment

• scsa20
                      • Feb 2002
                      • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Delhaze

The check is done from the registry.

If v6 & v7 are installed it will run ok in v7.

The problem is the visual basic code uses routines in the v6 OLE library which has changed in v7, so v7 alone won't work.

The path can't be changed as it is hard coded into the action files. This is a limitation of photoshop actions.

A new scripting engine can be downloaded as an add on for version 7, which is much more powerful, and vbutton could be improved using it, including changing the path (moving the loading/saving to visual basic instead of actions), but the new version would not work on v6.

I have thought about doing a new version for v7, but I simply don't have the time.
                      me, I'm just plain lazy (plus I hadn't done any programming with vb for a long time)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...