vB Board of the Month - April no voting cause no poll!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Valkyre
    • Jun 2001

Oh well, I wasn't nominated either, so I'm not affected
    Need a job done? Get in contact with me and we'll see what we can work out.

Comment

• Sinecure
      • Jul 2001

I think it was a good decision, especially after last months "days of our lives" type of voting system
      Board of the Month: November
      Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
      Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
      vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

Dear s.molinari,

It hurts me to read that the fun has been taken out of the game for you. I am sorry to hear it. I do believe that you do this for fun and not for anything else. So take your time and enjoy the moments. And who knows. Maybe in couple of months ..

I want to thank you for putting me up on the nomination list for March, and that there were actually people voting for me was a suprise! I never expected to get even close to 30 votes. It motivated me enough to continue to work on my forum. To improve the interaction with the total site and to improve overal design/style quality.

Just for the record: TalkLoud was not on the list for April, but he would have gotten my vote

Originally posted by Valkyre
        Oh well, I wasn't nominated either, so I'm not affected
        But .. what if you were?

Originally posted by Sinecure
        I think it was a good decision, especially after last months "days of our lives" type of voting system
        Yes, I agree with you, but I can understand it feels unfair to the users who made the nominations for April.
        Last edited by Floris; Mon 1 Apr '02, 12:34am.

Comment

• Chen
          • Jun 2001

Scott, I wholeheartedly agree. This competition is now nothing more than a gag, and don't get me wrong, none of this your fault Scott and you had great intentions!
          I know this is an April 1st joke but what the heck.. ;-)
          xiphoid, I really don't understand how you can comment on this, when you put a link in your signature so people know you are nominated and should vote for you, and you even yelled this continuously in the chat rooms.
          Don't take any of this seriously please. :-)
          If this competition ever comes back it needs to have a good set of rules, i.e no one can vote except for John and James, and they will decide every month's board of the month. Nomination will be done by the moderators, so nothing like what happened this month will happen ever again.
          Chen Avinadav
          Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• dreamwatch
            • Feb 2002

It's a terrible shame, but I agree with everyone else. I would never imagine for a second that my little board would have had a chance, but to me knowing that people who understood the work that goes into a forum would be voting made it worthwhile and the 9 votes I got made me incredibly happy. But that's tarnished when people are so obsessed with winning that they will do anything to do so - it ruins it for everyone and diminishes the value of the award. I too hope that there is a way that this can come back (moddies voting for the boards sounds like a good start) and I'd like the thank Scott for his hard work every month with the competition (I'm a new member but I've been reading these boards for a long time ).

Comment

• afterlab
              • Sep 2001
              • 3.8.x

*gulp* Does this have to do with me and last month?
              Founder of Gamertag Nation
              Gamertag Nation lets you effortlessly keep a record of what you play and achieve on Xbox Live. Are you ready for a better gaming experience?

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

Originally posted by FireFly

xiphoid, I really don't understand how you can comment on this, when you put a link in your signature so people know you are nominated and should vote for you, and you even yelled this continuously in the chat rooms.
                The link in the signature would lead them to the thread, and not auto submit me one vote. They could use it as a reward for the help I gave them, or to participate in the vote.. (and there it is requested to check the different boards out)

By the way, I just read your PM.

Comment

• John
                  • Apr 2000

Although i am Pretty sad to Read that scott had taken this decision, I would Like to let him know that we are in Full support Of his decision, and i for One would Like to wish him best of luck in the future.

john
                  John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)

Comment

• MarkB
                    • Apr 2001

Originally posted by John
                    Although i am Pretty sad to Read that scott had taken this decision, I would Like to let him know that we are in Full support Of his decision, and i for One would Like to wish him best of luck in the future.

john
                    Nice one LOL

Comment

• dreamwatch
                      • Feb 2002

Doh! LOL

Comment

• dreamwatch
                        • Feb 2002

Scott - don't you believe it - I couldn't believe that I would never get the chance to enter my redesign (launched tomorrow ) into vB of the month. MarkB has just picked me off the floor, I've been here for hours sobbing.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                          • Dec 2000
                          • 3.6.x

nOOb! i wasn't fooled for a second....

Comment

• Chen
                            • Jun 2001

Originally posted by FireFly
                            Scott, I wholeheartedly agree. This competition is now nothing more than a gag, and don't get me wrong, none of this your fault Scott and you had great intentions!
                            [color={secondaltcolor}]I know this is an April 1st joke but what the heck.. ;-)[/color]
                            [color={secondaltcolor}]Don't take any of this seriously please. :-)[/color]
                            If this competition ever comes back it needs to have a good set of rules, i.e no one can vote except for John and James, and they will decide every month's board of the month. Nomination will be done by the moderators, so nothing like what happened this month will happen ever again.
                            Chen Avinadav
                            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• ja5es
                              • Nov 2001

I have to keep my eye on you guys... Good joke.
                              - James
                              http://forums.smaaash.com

Comment

• TWTCommish
                                • Jul 2000

Crap...and here I thought I'd get out of having to go up against (and inevitably be slaughtered by) yaXay. Oh well.
                                Movie Forums - Now With 28% More Bruce Willis

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...