• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul
    • Dec 2001
    • 3.6.x

WebBBS to vBulletin 2.2 conversion script

Hello all!

After much painstaking oogling at php code, I've created a conversion script to convert WebBBS messages to vBulletin. I created this a bit ago, but feel that it might be of use to someone out there so I thought I'd share it. I simply do not know that much about php to give you any kind of help with this at all, especially since I have no idea what the current WebBBS files look like. This was written to convert from a very old version of WebBBS (circa 1998). It should be a good start for anyone out there wanting to do this.

All of the instructions are included in the file as comments. Read them carefully!

The file can now be found on the vbulletin.org hacking forum, here: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...threadid=35697

Anticipating vB3 like you wouldn't believe,
    Paul
    Last edited by Paul; Sun 3 Mar '02, 7:11pm.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Technically this is hacking and belongs over at vbulletin.org. Could you please post this on vbulletin.org and remove the file from here? Thanks! And good job!
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Paul
      • Dec 2001
      • 3.6.x

Oops. Sure thing .. it's a shame they aren't integrated a bit better.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

All hacks used to be on this site but some people assumed that vB should support the hacks that were posted here. Because of this, it was decided to move this function to a hacker supported forum separate from the official forum.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Paul
          • Dec 2001
          • 3.6.x

Well, I like the idea of two forums... but it'd be nice if you as a moderator could move the message to the vb.org site. Not that easy if hosted on a different server, but still... something that would be nice

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Yeah but there's no cross-forum posting support in vB. Post your script in the Releases forum on vbulletin.org, then edit your post above with the link to that thread.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Paul
              • Dec 2001
              • 3.6.x

Already done

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Good job Paul!

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...