Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • evilhellsatan
    • Feb 2002

Blank documents when not cookied

If I visit my forum with all cookies cleared, a blank document shows up (containing source for standard blank document in IE 6, and giving a 'Document contained no data' in NS 4.78).

However, if I first log into the administrator's panel (which works fine btw) and go back out again, the forum show up nicely in MSIE. (Still giving the same error in Netscape, though.)

I have tried reinstalling completely, and chosen to clear the entire database during install. I get no errors during the install process. I have no modifications added whatsoever. A clean and fresh install. Still, the error remains.

My forum version is 2.2.2 and PHP 4.1.1 is running with Nusphere MySQL (3.23.39) under Win 2K IIS/5.0 as CGI. See my phpinfo-page for further details.

Anyone with a clue?

Anders
    Last edited by evilhellsatan; Sat 9 Feb '02, 9:30am.
  • evilhellsatan
    • Feb 2002

Notice

Similar thread here with other people having just about the same trouble. Answers are still welcome at both places.

Anyone?

Anders

Comment

• evilhellsatan
      • Feb 2002

bump

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Apr 2000
        • 3.6.x

I can't even connect to either of those URLs to see if I can even reproduce the problem myself...

As for that other thread you referenced: that looks like a different problem. It appears his problem was caused by something he was including in his phpinclude template.

Comment

• evilhellsatan
          • Feb 2002

Strange! I would be eternally grateful if anyone could try again:

1. http://www.svt-vaxjo.nu/
          should forward you to http://www.svt.se using header("Location: ...")

2. http://www.svt-vaxjo.nu/forum
          should turn up blank, since you are not cookied by the forum. Which is my real trouble.

3. http://www.svt-vaxjo.nu/forum/phpinfo.php
          really should bring up a phpinfo()

I just verified this using a modem connection and then i tried over a different LAN connection.

Anders

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
            Former vBulletin Developer
            • Apr 2000
            • 3.6.x

Ok, I was able to connect today and I'm not sure what the problem is off hand. Can you email me FTP/CP access info? (see sig for email)

Comment

• evilhellsatan
              • Feb 2002

Re: Blank documents when not cookied

Originally posted by evilhellsatan

If I visit my forum with all cookies cleared, a blank document shows up (containing source for standard blank document in IE 6, and giving a 'Document contained no data' in NS 4.78).
              However, if I first log into the administrator's panel (which works fine btw) and go back out again, the forum show up nicely in MSIE. (Still giving the same error in Netscape, though.)

Problem solved. It was related to the fact that our admin folder is protected with NTFS. Meaning that if you were not identified as a valid NTFS user - PHP was not able to include the shared files from the protected folder.

For now, we have solved the problem by moving the shared files from the admin folder to a folder outside the webroot. Thus enabling us to still have NTFS protection on the admin folder yet still be able to include the files.

This is highly irritating however, so if anyone knows how to config NTFS protection so that it works the same way as .htaccess does under UNIX feel free to contact me.

Anders,
              (not a big fan of Win servers)

Comment