X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Logician
    • Jan 2002

Templates/Styles/Replacements

Hey there,

I think the most complex feature of vbulletin is Templates/Styles/Replacements subject, however user manuel seems to have no information about them.

I thought there might be some info in the Member's section but despite the template.pdf which is a nice advanced file but not an informative guide for a newbie, there is none.

I couldnt find a FAQ in this forum FAQ's archive either. Are there any easy to understand yet detailed guide of what Templates/Styles/Replacements are and relation between them?

Regards,
    Logician

Ps. BTW I suggest adding a section to user Manuel about this subject guys. This is may be the only subject which the Manuel should include.
    Logician's Blog | WebTemplates for vb 3.7.x : VB Integrated Content Management System
    I do NOT do custom work, so please do not PM/email me for such projects. Thanks for understanding..
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

I think a manual is being worked on. For now, remember this:

Style Set = Replacement Set + Template Set

As you can see from my sig I have a number of different Style sets on my forums. Although others may do it different, I make sure that each Style has its own Replacement and Templates sets. While it's possible to share the latter two among Styles, this can get very confusing to maintain.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• DannyITR
      • Jan 2002

I'm wondering the same thing as the first user.

You didn't answer his question. How do you choose a different set of colours and stles? Where do you go in control panel?
      Danny
      My Site ---->www.montrealracing.com

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

The change colors, simply modify or create the Replacement set. I'm not sure what you mean by choosing them though.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• DannyITR
          • Jan 2002

Yes I know but can you tell us where specifically to go to do that and what menu options? Don't forget I'm a newbie so I don't know anything yet.
          Danny

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Admin CP -> Replacement Set -> Add or Modify

or

Admin CP -> Styles -> Modify -> (fonts/colors/etc)

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• DannyITR
              • Jan 2002

Thank you very much!!
              Danny

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

You're welcome!

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...