Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Craig A
    • Apr 2000

Cannot access admin panel

I had my server admin make a duplicate of our forum database and have installed the script on another domain on the same server for test purposes.

However I am unable to access the admin panel on our new test forum for some reason. I did a search on this forum and the only suggestion that I came across was to use phpMyAdmin to change the Cookie Domain and Path To Save Cookies to the new details in the Setting table. But still no luck.

The grey admin access page comes up, I enter my username and password, it says please wait a minute, then it goes back to the login page again. Same on the forum itself - it claims I'm logged in, but then I cannot access private areas or read my PM's...

Any suggestions folks ?

Cheers in advance
  • Craig A
    • Apr 2000

Right... I've been trying different things all evening now. I just had the server admin redo the database backup and I ran the upgrade again, amended the paths in the setting table as mentioned above... same problem!

*Bangs head against wall*

What the hell ?!

Comment

• Craig A
      • Apr 2000

Eureka!

Finally got it... had to update the options template in the template table too...

Comment

• mbaskett
        • Jan 2002

Thanks!!!!!

Craig, you are my hero.....

I've been busting my head on the wall over this same problem for about a week now....

10 minutes to run a few queries, and I'm back in business....

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

For all of those that are having cookie problems.... try this.... it worked for me...

even if you change your setting table to reflect the cookie domain, you may also need to update the options template, as it seems to store all those setting ins spearate variables....

Not sure why vb stores this info in two seperate tables but this was my missing link.
        Matt Baskett
        www.torquecentral.com

Comment

• SysMom
          • Jun 2001

And a BIG Thank You from me, too.

We moved to a new server, and well ... I thought I'd have to wipe everything to get control back AND the board even be usable.

Thankfully I had access to phpMyAdmin. I will sleep much better tonight knowing this is bagged.

Whew!

deb

Comment

• frankjones
            • Sep 2001

unable to login to admin

Unfortunately, the solutions listed above won't work for me. I have full access to mysql, I can login to by board as admin and have full access to the board including the CP. But cannot login to the admin panel.... although I could do it last week. Also, if I login as a regular user, I have to keep logging in over and over to access the CP.

If I reinstall the entire script, do I have to change my mysql database?

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

frankjones, please start a new thread about your problem with all the relevant information. Thank you.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Highlander
                • Apr 2002

Originally posted by mbaskett
                Craig, you are my hero.....

I've been busting my head on the wall over this same problem for about a week now....

10 minutes to run a few queries, and I'm back in business....

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

For all of those that are having cookie problems.... try this.... it worked for me...

even if you change your setting table to reflect the cookie domain, you may also need to update the options template, as it seems to store all those setting ins spearate variables....

Not sure why vb stores this info in two seperate tables but this was my missing link.
                wich queries you ran and where to change something in the template.sql ? .. i dont know what u could mean really .. when u said "updated the options template" .. where is it?.. help me out.. even my users cant login !..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...