X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xtrim
    • Jan 2001

Still having trouble with "views" count

Hi,

I reported having trouble with my board no longer logging correctly the views values for a specific thread.

I just installed a fresh 2.2.1 to see if it had to do with any hacks I had installed. I am gonna stick with my original board files until I fix this problem.

I would like any help available on the subject. Any information regarding what might be causing the board not to log this information.

About the problem:
    Views suddenly stopped working about 2 months ago, Server I runs has up to date versions of php and mysql. It usually has process under 1 on peak hours so it looks like it doesnt have to do with server performance. Database has fews changes for hacks I have installed to my board. I am currently running 2.2.1 with all original files, no hacks activated.

I appreciate ANY suggestions I might try and where to look to get this thing over with.

Thanks
  • tubedogg
    • Feb 2001

Pop open admin/functions.php and look for
    $noshutdownfunc = 0; // #CHANGE ME IF YOU CAN'T USE register_shutdown_function

Change that line to

$noshutdownfunc = 1; // #CHANGE ME IF YOU CAN'T USE register_shutdown_function

Save and reupload the file. Does that help?

Comment

• xtrim
      • Jan 2001

That did it

Hi tubedogg,

Apparently that did it and fixed the problem.

I don't want to take much time for you but could you explain a bit on what that did and why it just stopped working for my board for no reason (or that I know of).

Thanks!

Comment

• tubedogg
        • Feb 2001

I don't want to take much time for you
        Don't worry about it - that's what I'm here for.

Anyway here's an explanation from Freddie:
        Normally we update the views (and other things) after the page has already been loaded. This is the reason that you don't appear on who's online when you first open the page. If you set it to 1 than the updates will be done when the page is loaded. We do it that [the current] way in hopes of speeding up the display of pages a bit. Now for some reason some people have problems with it. It can work fine than *poof* it stops working.

Comment

• White Knight
          • Feb 2001

Ill be damned.. it happened to me too.. have no idea why.. i didnt change anything.. glad i did a search before i asked this worked for me too

Comment

• GOD-Dblade
            • May 2002

yea i was having this problem to....thanks alot

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...