How do I switch from the .php3 version to the .php version?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tubedogg
    • Feb 2001

How do I switch from the .php3 version to the .php version?

For version 2.3.2:
    1. Close your board.Upload all of the .php files to your server as well as vbulletin.style (in the admin folder).
    2. Upload upgrade25.php and run this step only: http://yoursite.com/forums/admin/upgrade25.php?step=2.
    3. Go to the Admin CP manually, making sure you use the .php version not the .php3 version.
    4. Run a Search and Replace operation on your templates, searching for .php3 and replacing with .php (note the dot in front of them!).
    5. Delete the .php3 files off your server.
    6. Reopen your board.

Note: The instructions above are for the latest version of vBulletin (2.3.2. at the moment).
    Last edited by Steve Machol; Tue 19 Aug '03, 7:42am.
  • Dunks
    • May 2002
    • 3.6.x

do I upload the files to the same folder as the php3 files?
    or another one?

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Yes, the same folders.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Dunks
        • May 2002
        • 3.6.x

Thank you

Comment

• Saki
          • Aug 2002

I got to step 3 but all I get is a blank page when I try to access php files from my server and I tried it on two different computers. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Comment

• ccd1
            • Jun 2002

Any file or this file?

Remember this is for 2.2.5 and we're at 2.2.6 so the upgrade file may be different.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

For 2.2.6 run, change step 3 to:

Upload upgrade19.php and run this step only:

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Saki
                • Aug 2002

I couldn't wait a week for a reply so I ended up erasing everything and reinstalling it using php instead of php3. It was a brand new board, so I took the lost of the little customization I put into it as the price to pay for my own stupidity.

And I couldn't view ANYTHING. All I had gotten was a white screen, so I still have no idea what I messed up. ^^;;

Comment

• ccd1
                  • Jun 2002

Originally posted by Saki
                  I couldn't wait a week for a reply so I ended up erasing everything and reinstalling it using php instead of php3. It was a brand new board, so I took the lost of the little customization I put into it as the price to pay for my own stupidity.

And I couldn't view ANYTHING. All I had gotten was a white screen, so I still have no idea what I messed up. ^^;;
                  Sorry, next time post in the question forums, not the FAQ, these threads are mostly just for viewing.

Comment

• Saki
                    • Aug 2002

Gee, so~rry. Next time I won't do what I was told to do. '__'

Here's the instructions on switching from .
                    php3 to .php:

If you have any questions, post them on that thread.

All the best,
                    Steve Machol
                    Support Team, vBulletin

Comment

• iJason
                      • Aug 2002

Upgrade and stuff didn't work.

Ok, I upgraded my forums using .php, and replaced everything .php3 with .php. But for some reason the template search didn't find and replace all the .php3 extensions with .php. I am really lost on what to do. My site uses both .php and .php3 so everytime I install a hack I need to do it to both files and stuff, it is really annoying so I want to completely remove vbulletin and install a fresh copy using .php only. But I do not want to lose my members or posts or forum structure. Please tell me there is something I can do!
                      When i breath i live a little less... because with each breath i take a step closer to death.
                      http://www.dreamerzrealm.com | General life forums.
                      http://www.crackbrutha.net | Shows on the wb forums.
                      http://www.hardplex.com | The cesspool of the internet

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

In that case the only thing I can suggest is to manually look for and replace the .php3 references in the templates.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Gutty
                          • Sep 2002

thank you heaps

Comment

• mbozio
                            • Mar 2002
                            • 5.0.X

what if i want to do that change (.php3 to .php) without any upgrade at all ??

Is uploading all new files (the .php ones) then edit all template enough ?? or is there anything else to do ??

Comment

• Steve Machol
                              • Jul 2000

Originally posted by mbozio
                              what if i want to do that change (.php3 to .php) without any upgrade at all ??

Is uploading all new files (the .php ones) then edit all template enough ?? or is there anything else to do ??
                              It depends on what version you have.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...