X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floleb7
    • Apr 2001
    • 3.7.x

moving my forum from php3 to php4 ?

i have lot of modification in my files so i don't want to download .php zip so what i have to do ?
    (save change all .php3 to .php of course)
  • Chen
    • Jun 2001

I understand you wish to use the .php version and not the .php3 version, is that correct?

Basically, the first thing to do is renaming all of your files to .php (of course).
    Then, do a Search and Replace thru your templates, and replace all instances of ".php3" to ".php" (don't forget the dot, or you might encounter some problems).
    You will also need to replace that in online.php, but that's basically it I think (there might be some other files I'm not aware of, guess it's searching time).

Of course, back up everything before you do this, and if possible, test this on a beta board first.
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• floleb7
      • Apr 2001
      • 3.7.x

no function to add or something else ?

Comment

• floleb7
        • Apr 2001
        • 3.7.x

i am on php3 server and i move to php4 but i have lot of modification in files so i can't just use .php zip of vbulletin so is there only to rename files and link in .php or also some function to add

Comment

• Chen
          • Jun 2001

As far as I know, the PHP version is identical to the PHP3 version, and the only difference is in the templates (and like I said in online.php).

You shouldn't have any problems really, but I suggest doing everything on a testing forum, not the real thing.
          Chen Avinadav
          Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• tubedogg
            • Feb 2001

There are more changes than just in online.php (trust me if it was that easy we wouldn't offer two versions to download!). I suggest using BeyondCompare (http://www.scootersoftware.com/) to compare your hacked .php3 version to a freshly downloaded .php version and make the necessary adjustments that way.

Also keep in mind that merely running a search+replace on the templates will probably not work (I don't think it affects anything except custom templates). I suggest uploading vbulletin.style from the .php zip file, as well as upgrade12.php. In a browser go to yoursite.com/forums/admin/upgrade12.php?step=2 and once it shows the link to the next screen, close the browser window. This should upgrade all of your default templates - you will still need to edit any custom templates.
            Last edited by tubedogg; Fri 5 Oct '01, 2:56pm.

Comment

• floleb7
              • Apr 2001
              • 3.7.x

so i have edit all the files and for templat i have dump the template.sql replace all php3 by php.
              after i drop the template template for use the new template.sql.
              no prob with this method

Comment

• HughJorgen
                • May 2002

What if I am upgrading, and have no hacks, but do have one custom style? What all do I have to do?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  Former Customer Support Manager
                  • Jul 2000

Originally posted by HughJorgen
                  What if I am upgrading, and have no hacks, but do have one custom style? What all do I have to do?
                  Already answered in the other thread where you asked this.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...