Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • virgule
    • Sep 2001

no upload happening

I am not able to upload anything from within VB. Whether in the admin CP, none of the icon, avatar or smilies will upload, nor as a poster trying to do an attachment. The browser dialog works, it does show the local file system, but when it comes time to actually upload - nothing transfers.

I'm simply FTPing right now to get around this, which is a real hassle for my membership. This is a new installation at:

体験談から知る、福岡市の交通事故状況
  • Martin
    • Apr 2000
    • 3.5.x

I notice you're running the php3 version.

what version of php does your host have running? it might not support the upload feature, or they may have disabled uploads through php.
    Webmaster:
    @forumz

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

It's possible that your server runs PHP with SAFE MODE Restrictions. If that's the case, then you need to set this option to yes

Admin CP -> Change options -> Upload Options -> Upload is Safe Mode -> Yes

You'll also need to set your Safe Mode Temp Directory (same section) and chmod it to 777.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Dime99
        • Sep 2001

Originally posted by smachol
        It's possible that your server runs PHP with SAFE MODE Restrictions. If that's the case, then you need to set this option to yes

You'll also need to set your Safe Mode Temp Directory (same section) and chmod it to 777.

Hi, how do I 'chmod it to 777', I'm having the same upload image problems.

Thanks
        Dime

Comment

• orca
          • Mar 2001
          • 5.5.x

With WS-FTP or Cuteftp right click on the folder, choose chmod as command and set it to 777.
          By command line (telnet) type at the prompt chmod 777 folder name (Note: You need to be a level up the desired folder).
          Ueli

Comment

• Storm
            • Sep 2001

I'm working with Dime on this problem.
            -------------------------------------------
            Originally posted by smachol

---------------------------------
            I set the image directory to 777. But I can't find the Safe Mode Directory you mentioned above.

Comment

• orca
              • Mar 2001
              • 5.5.x

You need to create this directory and then add the path in the Options of your Admin CP.
              E.g. you could create a folder /forums/tmp and then enter /tmp in the path text box (it should be at the very bottom of the options page). This directory needs to be chmoded to 777.
              Note: I'm not sure whether the path is relative to your forum folder or the admin folder. May you need to create the folder inside the admin directory.
              Ueli

Comment

• Storm
                • Sep 2001

I made a tmp directory in forum and forum/admin and set the permissions to 777. Turned on Admin CP -> Change options -> Upload Options -> Upload is Safe Mode -> Yes

When you upload there are no errors but when allow Avitars is turned on the Avitars show up as a Brocken Link.

Any Ideas.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

What is the name of the directory you put in the 'Safe Mode Temp Directory' box in the 'Change options' section of the Admin CP?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Storm
                    • Sep 2001

I set it to /tmp in the 'Safe Mode Temp Directory' box in the 'Change options' section of the Admin CP?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

That doesn't sound like the right directory. You said:

"I made a tmp directory in forum and forum/admin".

You need to enter one of those directories, not '/tmp'. Make sure you use the full path, i.e., something like.

/home/Storm/www/forums/tmp

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Cynthia Blue
                        • Aug 2001

That box... I assume both Avatars and Attachments use it? Because my Avatars do work now... but my Attachments still do not. ??

Originally posted by Storm
                        I set it to /tmp in the 'Safe Mode Temp Directory' box in the 'Change options' section of the Admin CP?
                        I have it set to tmp. And my Avatars do work. I assume, also, that tmp is the one located in ../vbulletin/admin/tmp. I'm afraid to change it... don't want to mess up my avatars.
                        Last edited by Cynthia Blue; Wed 26 Sep '01, 11:50am.
                        My vBulletin/PHP Portals site

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          • Jul 2000

Yes, if your system requires Safe Mode then this directory will be used for all uploads.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Storm
                            • Sep 2001

Thanks Steve,

By putting the full path to the directory, that did it.

I now see the uploaded file in the /tmp directory. I assume the admin approves it and the Avitar is then visible on the board.?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                              • Jul 2000

What do you mean? I don't believe that Avatars are moderated.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...