• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sero2nineR
    • Aug 2001

"Unlink failed" when installing vBulletin

Hi ya guys!
    Hope you can help me out!

Just installed PHP & MySQL. So when I want to continue the installation of vBulletin by using the install.php url I get an error just when I filled in the ip, username, pass etc.
    This is the error:

Warning: Unlink failed (Permission denied) in D:\Main\forums\admin\install.php on line 258

Attempting to attach to database...

Warning: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061) in D:\Main\forums\admin\db_mysql.php on line 38

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in D:\Main\forums\admin\db_mysql.php on line 47

The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please go back to the last step and ensure that you have entered all your login details correctly.

I hope it's an easy one.

Thanx in advance!!!!!
  • Mike Sullivan
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Apr 2000
    • 3.6.x

Edit your config.php file locally (entering the correct values for all options) and choose not to update its values in the install script. Does it work now?

And can you enter your license info into your profile? See link in sig for more info. Thanks!

Comment

• Sero2nineR
      • Aug 2001

Thnx Ed,

I did configure the config.php. But those values are first-time values, aren't they? I mean that username and password for example can be made up because it's the first time I install it right?
      And dbname can be anything, can it?
      For dbservertype I filled mysql in.

At servername I gave my hostname as the value. But still doesn't work. The errormessage says something about permissions and the the file db_mysql.php, must I do something with those????

Comment

• Sero2nineR
        • Aug 2001

ow and Ed, where can I find the license info? I downloaded it from the Vbulletin site.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Sero2nineR
          ow and Ed, where can I find the license info? I downloaded it from the Vbulletin site.
          Just use the same customer number and password you used to access the Members area for the download.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• JamesUS
            • Aug 2000

Please continue this discussion here, where there is an identical thread

Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...