Clear All
  • LancerForums
    • Aug 2001

Problems when Importing UBB6.04 to VB2.0.3

Specs:
    PHP Version 4.0.3pl1
    MYSQL Version 3.23.32
    Linux server

I'm trying to run the UBB6 import script, but I get this error when it's try to associate members (step just after setting the paths).

When I set the paths I set them based on the absolute path. The last path for the ubb folder said it should be relative to the vbulletin directory. My vbulletin directory is at the same level as the ubb so I'm thinking the ../ubb that was already showing is correct, right?

Here's the errors I got:

Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory. in /usr/local/plesk/apache/vhosts/lancerforums.com/httpdocs/forums/importers/bbimport_ubb6.php on line 160

Warning: file("/usr/local/plesk/apache/vhosts/lancerforums.com/cgi-bin/ubb6/Members/memberslist.cgi") - Operation not permitted in /usr/local/plesk/apache/vhosts/lancerforums.com/httpdocs/forums/importers/bbimport_ubb6.php on line 160

Thanks,

Mark
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

First let me say that Plesk is very evil and it limits what you can do on your server.

You will have to open up you httpd.conf (or httpsd.conf file if on a SSL server) and remove all of the open_base_dir directives from it. There will be an entry for each virtual server declaration.

You will then have to save this file overwriting the one that Plesk created. If you don't remove these directives, you won't be able to import, upload images (including icons, smilies or avatars) or enable file attachments on your system.

This is where the evil part comes in. Every time you enter Plesk and make modifications to Apache, you will have to re-edit your httpd.conf file and remove these directives again.

If you decide to get rid of Plesk, make sure you backup your sites. If you don't everything will be lost when you remove it. It's uninstall procedure simply deletes Plesk and all of its subdirectories which includes PHP, Apache and MySQL and all of your websites.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• LancerForums
      • Aug 2001

I am going through a web hosting company so I don't think I have rights to access the file.

As of now, I can upload attachments and avatars now that I set safe mode to yes.

Am I SOL as far as importing my UBB files. I don't want to have to start from scratch

I'm going to email my host to see if they can modify the file if I don't have access. Maybe they won't mind if it's just to import my UBB files.

Thanks for the help,

Mark

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Apr 2000
        • 3.6.x

Instead of using absolute paths to your UBB files, try relative ones (../../ubb).

I really don't know if it'll work (if it'll avoid the open_basedir restriction or let the import function), but I think it's worth a shot.

Comment

• LancerForums
          • Aug 2001

Still didn't work. I got the same errors. Is there any other solution to this?

Thanks,

Mark

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
            Former vBulletin Developer
            • Apr 2000
            • 3.6.x

I would have to recommend contacting your host to see if they can help you at all. They might be able to temporarily move all your UBB files into whatever their open_basedir is so you can do the import.

Comment

• Toibs
              • Jun 2001

This isn;t really going to help

I don't know that this will help, but i did exactly the same upgrade not more than 2 weeks ago, and all went smoothly.

I don't have Plesk anywhere on my system, so this may indicate that Plesk is indeed the problem.

Followed the upgrade instructions to the letter...

Using Php4.0.6 and mySql 3.23.32

Paul

Comment

• LancerForums
                • Aug 2001

Thanks for all the help guys. I'm going to contact my host and give them the error messages and see if they can move the files somewhere that I can import them in.

Mark

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...