Table width help! and welcometext in global...??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tpearl5
    • Jul 2001
    • 4.2.X

Table width help! and welcometext in global...??

I need some help with this. I've been stairring at the templates for hours and I can't figure out why 'showthread' table isn't 100% wide.

Check it out:

Click on the thread. The top header is 100% wide. Can anyone tell where I'm going wrong? I tried loading back the original template (showthread) and still, the tables weren't 100%. All opened stings should be ended??! I'm confused!

Also, I'm trying to find a way to get $welcometext in the forum pages. (or all of them for that matter) I'm not sure what to do with global.php. I don't want it to go in the header so, that option is out. I tried adding variables with success
    Last edited by tpearl5; Thu 2 Aug '01, 8:39pm.

Capture more registrations - Advanced Guest Posting & Registration
    Cell Phone Forums | Nikonites
  • snyx
    • Aug 2000
    • 3.5.x

>Admin CP
    >>Styles
    >>>[fonts/colors/etc]

Scroll down to find "Page Layout" and edit the "Body Tag" you proboly have somthing like this ya wanna set to 0 not 10.

Code:
    leftmargin="10" topmargin="10" marginwidth="10" marginheight="10"
    snyx
    MSN: [email protected] | MAIL: [email protected] | FOLIO: mholman.com

Comment

• tpearl5
      • Jul 2001
      • 4.2.X

Although I didn't think about that, that's not it! I just can't seen to find anything that would be making the table smaller then everything else.

Anyone else wanna take a shot?

Comment

• rockergrrl
        • Jul 2000

In your nav links

you have (in html output)
        Code:
        <!-- breadcrumb, nav links -->
        <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" width="100%">
        <table border="0" bgcolor="#000000" width="100%" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1">
        <tr bgColor="#D6D6EA">
        <td></td>
        <td align="right">
        	<font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"><b><a href="index.php?">The Tattler Board v2.0</a> &#187; <a href="forumdisplay.php?forumid=1">Main Category</a>&nbsp;&#187;&nbsp;<a href="forumdisplay.php?forumid=2">Main Forum</a>&nbsp;&#187;&nbsp;test2</b></font></td>
        </tr>
        </tr>
        </table>
        </table>
        <br><br>
        	<!--
        	<td valign="bottom" align="right" nowrap><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
        	<a href="showthread.php?threadid=2&goto=nextoldest">&lt; Last Thread</a>
        	&nbsp; &nbsp;
        	<a href="showthread.php?threadid=2&goto=nextnewest">Next Thread &gt;</a>
        	</font></td>
        	-->

<!-- /breadcrumb, nav links -->
        Instead - put this in your showthead template:
        Code:
        <!-- breadcrumb, nav links -->
        <tr><td>
        <table border="0" bgcolor="#000000" width="100%" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1">
        <tr bgColor="#D6D6EA">
        <td></td>
        <td align="right">
        	<font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"><b>$navbar</b></font></td>
        </tr>
        </table>
        </td>
        </tr>
        </table>
        <br><br>
        	<!--
        	<td valign="bottom" align="right" nowrap><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
        	<a href="showthread.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&threadid=$threadid&goto=nextoldest">&lt; Last Thread</a>
        	&nbsp; &nbsp;
        	<a href="showthread.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&threadid=$threadid&goto=nextnewest">Next Thread &gt;</a>
        	</font></td>
        	-->

<!-- /breadcrumb, nav links -->
        Let me know if you have an errors or have any problems....

Comment

• tpearl5
          • Jul 2001
          • 4.2.X

rockergrrl,
          All that code is actually in my $navbar template. I should clean up the tables a little, I know. However, I just found out what my problem was!! I can't believe I overlooked it! It's that spacer!! It's an image! It's in there by default! (look at the white spaces left and right) DOH!!

Next question... the $welcometext in the $navbar ?? I've tried copying the code into globals with no success.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...