[Release v2] Stars v0.1.0 with new features!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tubedogg
    • Feb 2001

[Release v2] Stars v0.1.0 with new features!

Last Update 4.01.01 4:10 AM Eastern

Important: I have fixed a slight bug found by Marl in stars.php. You need to do this:

Find
    Code:
    $DB_site->query("INSERT INTO stars (starid,starlevel,minposts,starimg) VALUES (NULL,$starlevel,$minposts,$starimg)");
    And replace it with
    Code:
    $DB_site->query("INSERT INTO stars (starid,starlevel,minposts,starimg) VALUES (NULL,'$starlevel','$minposts','$starimg')");
    If you have not installed this hack yet, I have updated the zip file, so don't worry about this.

Note: I forgot stars.php in the zip file the first time around. Sorry, my bad. It's there now!

This is the hack that some of you were clamoring for over in my other Stars hack thread, so here it is. You can now specify a different star image per number of posts or per usergroup. You can also still specify a number of stars to give, and it is still integrated tightly with the vB Admin Control Panel. If you wish to upgrade to this version, there is a way to do that, and I will put that in the next post in this thread, as it requires different files than a full install.

Please note: I will *not* support the other version of this hack (0.0.2) from now on, so please upgrade to (or install) this version.

This hack is too detailed to list all the instructions in this thread, so please download the zip file and read the file called stars.txt in there.

REMEMBER: If you are upgrading, go to the second post in this thread and upgrade from there!

Hack version: 0.1.0

Changes since last version: You can now set different images per level of posts/usergroup as well as the number of stars.

For version: vBulletin v2 beta 3 (possibly beta 1 and beta 2, but it is untested with those versions).

Files needed: stars.php, mysql.php

Files to edit: stars.php (possibly), newthread.php, newreply.php, admin/misc.php, admin/index.php, admin/usergroup.php, register.php

Templates to edit: postbit

Instructions are in the zip file (the file called stars.txt).

PLEASE backup your board before making any changes, and PLEASE be careful. I have tested this extensively, but I cannot guarantee it will work on your board. If you have problems, please post them in this thread and I will try to help you.

PLEASE DO NOT contact me via ICQ, AIM, email, or PM to help you with this hack. Post your problem here - I will see your post and try to help you, and contact you via IM service if necessary.
    Last edited by Kier; Sun 15 Jul '01, 6:35am.
  • tubedogg
    • Feb 2001

Upgrading to v0.1.0 from 0.0.1 or 0.0.2

This is the upgrade file, to upgrade from v0.0.1 or v0.0.2. Please follow all instructions as found in the stars.txt file in the zip file. You will need to replace your stars.php file with the one found in the zip file, and you will need to run mysqlupgrade.php as well. Please backup your board first!
    Last edited by Kier; Sun 15 Jul '01, 6:35am.

Comment

• marl
      • Mar 2001

that's great, i've only modified it to show mod stars only in forums where my users are actually moderators.

thanks a lot, tubedogg

Comment

• tubedogg
        • Feb 2001

If a lot of people would want that function (only showing mod stars in the forum where the user *is* a mod), I'll look into it. Anyone?

Comment

• marl
          • Mar 2001

i would like to have different color stars summing rather than being all of the same filename....

eg..
          5posts-> star1.gif
          10posts->star2.gif

so the user obtain
          star1.gif+star2.gif

got the point?

Comment

• marl
            • Mar 2001

tube, i found a little bug in stars.php (0.1.0)

changed this line:
            Code:
              $DB_site->query("INSERT INTO stars (starid,starlevel,minposts,starimg) VALUES (NULL,$starlevel,$minposts,$starimg)");
            to
            Code:
              $DB_site->query("INSERT INTO stars (starid,starlevel,minposts,starimg) VALUES (NULL,'$starlevel','$minposts','$starimg')");
            otherwise gives a db error.

Comment

• tubedogg
              • Feb 2001

Yes you're right about that.

I'll look into multiple images for the next version, after beta 4 is released.
              Last edited by tubedogg; Sat 31 Mar '01, 11:06pm.

Comment

• tubedogg
                • Feb 2001

I have fixed the bug that Marl found, and the zip file is updated. The instructions are in both Marl's post and the first post in this thread for how to fix it if you already have installed this hack.

Comment

• jojo85
                  • Jan 2001

WHERE CAN I SEE A DEMO?

Comment

• rebby
                    • Mar 2001

Originally posted by jojo85
                    WHERE CAN I SEE A DEMO?
                    http://board.tubescan.com/

Comment

• Raptor
                      • Jan 2001
                      • 4.2.x

has anyone tested this on b4.1 ?

and can you also do a php3 version please ?
                      Digital-Forums: www.digital-forums.com | CK3 Games: www.ck3.co.uk

Comment

• conan
                        • Sep 2000

I guess it will work on 4.1, and just rename to .php3 should work fine!

Comment

• tubedogg
                          • Feb 2001

Actually board.tubescan.com uses a different star system. It is not this hack; I merely used user titles and used HTML in them. This is a completely different thing than that.

I have not tested it with 4.1, I will do so shortly. However, there's no reason it shouldn't work. For a php3 version, just rename stars.php to stars.php3.

Comment

• jojo85
                            • Jan 2001

Originally posted by tubedogg
                            Actually board.tubescan.com uses a different star system. It is not this hack; I merely used user titles and used HTML in them. This is a completely different thing than that.

Ok,why?

Comment

• upgrader
                              • Feb 2001

Originally posted by tubedogg
                              I have not tested it with 4.1, I will do so shortly. However, there's no reason it shouldn't work. For a php3 version, just rename stars.php to stars.php3.
                              Installed and tested OK on 4.1 last night, works a treat

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...