Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blamo
    • Jun 2000

UBB databases imported into Vbuttentin

How easy is it to get all of the UBB members converted to Vbuttentin and also the forum settings etc? Because I have a few thousand members and a few dozen boards. So it would be too much work to reprogram them all. So does Vbuttentin do this for you or use the same formats?

-aaron
    http://blamo.org
  • Moonwolf
    • May 2000

It's very easy to convert the existing UBB code over to vB format. vB comes with an import script that you run during installation that moves it all across.

Kath

Comment

• Chris Schreiber
      • Jun 2000
      • 4.0.x

Can I ask how smooth the transfer from UBB into vBulletin will go? I have 1500 members and 3500 posts... will all the information be ported ok and are there any common problems I might face? How about if I have custom added profile fields?

Thanks,
      -Chris

Comment

• werehere
        • Apr 2000

You will have to search around here for the extra profile fields, because I think you may loose them. I did not have any extra fields when I imported, so I really dont know anything other than what others had said.

The import on my forums went very well, but a couple of threads did get mixed up in the transfer. I know some last post times got messed up with the later releases, but I know John was working on fixing them, so they may be fixed (and they will be fixed with the first new post in a forum).

All in all it took around 1-2 hours to completely import almost 5,000 members and close to 50,000 posts. I feel it went very well when I used the import utility.
        We're Here Forums!
        [email protected]

Comment

• Chris Schreiber
          • Jun 2000
          • 4.0.x

Thanks for the quick response! I'm glad to hear the import utility works well, as this would be something critical to my switching over the vBulletin. The extra profile field isn't a big deal, I just added one extra for the AIM screen name (which I see with many other profile fields are already in here).

Thanks

Comment

• doron
            • Apr 2000

pretty cool...

I did a 700 member and 18,000+ posts conversion, went over smoothly.

the last post time bug is fixed in the current version. Just be sure to have the same date-time way on both boards.

Comment

• Chris Schreiber
              • Jun 2000
              • 4.0.x

Thanks

Thanks Doron for letting me know that bug was fixed... and I'll be sure to have my date/times set up the same before importing.

-Chris

Comment

• Jake
                • Apr 2000

I did a 18,000+ members, 77,000+ post transfer and it all went smoothly as well. Except that members who were previously banned arent anymore, but thats the only thing that went wrong to my knowledge.
                Jake Lawson
                Owner, Peterborough Web Design & Development: Total Internet Solutions

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
                  Former vBulletin Developer
                  • Apr 2000
                  • 3.6.x

Heh, my obligitory import stats:
                  260 members and 7000+ posts, which is smaller than most people's here
                  I didn't have any trouble at all and I was using the BETA version (!!) :)

Also, I was able to adapt the import script to reflect that I was importing from a VERY hacked freeware UBB without much difficulty.

On an unrelated note, Blamo (err.. aaron), as if you didn't know - Siva rules!

([/spam]) :)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...