How do I share samevBullitin with several domains all pointed at same server? ctxt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Quarterbore
    • Mar 2005

How do I share samevBullitin with several domains all pointed at same server? ctxt

What I would like to do is leave my forums on on the doamin they are located (although I may switch that main domain to one of my established domains) but here is what I am using to test:

www.eazyforums.com

Then I would like to move two of my other websites to this same host using pointers to something line:

www.eazyforums.com/domain1 => Set up as a seperate website
    www.eazyforums.com/domain2 => Set up as a seperate website

So, I will have three websites on a single host - server account - using the same MYSQL database.

What I need to know is would it be possible to have each of these three domains running vBulletin (WITH THREE FULL LICENCES PAID!) and have all three of the forums be able to identify all the people that are online regardless to which board they signed in on... I would like all the forums to be laid out the same with same look, same member lists, same moderators, etc...

When I write the individual websites I can incorporate links to the specific forums that match the content that is related to that website and domain. If someone is interested in something else they can browse up or down the forum listings to see posts that someone may have put in from another website....

A specific example - I like knives, tools, and mustangs (just a few of my bad habits!)... I have a knife website at www.M9Bayonet.com and I have a tool website at www.lathetalk.com and a car website at www.mustangreview.com. While not all guys that like tools, knives, or classic mustangs will cross post... some will and if I am going to run all these forums (I have about a dozen websites with forums) it would be much easier for me to back them up and keep them secured with a single well equiped server then having them spread out...

I would just like everybody to be shown as being online regardless if they sign on under www.eazyforums.com www.mustangreview.com www.m9bayonet.com or www.lathetalk.com if I can...

Also, if I do this, will I also be able to later split these forum areas off if I later find this didn't work... IE new MYSQL database or prefix.

THANKS & SORRY so long winded!
    vBClassified.com
    TimeshareForums.com
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Yes, that is possible. You might need to do some customizations depending on your exact needs.

You can actually display a specific category on the forumhome page, complete with the "who's online" listing, by using a link like this:

That might be useful to you.

Comment

• Quarterbore
      • Mar 2005

The category page like that would be a helpful place to start now... is this something that I can change in my own admin area or is this a hack?
      vBClassified.com
      TimeshareForums.com

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

No hack. Just specify the forumid in the URL.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...