Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • remedy
    • Jun 2002

Blank page when running install.php ?

I'm a pretty seasoned VB user, this is like my 4th time purchasing the product for use on a new website.

I have local file access to the server, and i simply unzipped it to the proper directory, renamed config.php, edited it with Homesite, and ran the install.php script.

However i just get a blank page.

Admins, if you msg me i can give you access to my phpinfo.php file, it is showing:
    PHP Version 5.0.1

etc....

mySql is installed just fine.

Anything else i can check?

Thanks,
    Scott
  • remedy
    • Jun 2002

I've been reading a ton of posts on here about this problem which i guess is new in the later versions of vBulletin (i'm an old 2.x user but have used 3.0 earlier versions with no issues like this).

I am using I think the latest PHP and mySQL, can you please tell me how to enable XML compilation with PHP ? I am unsure how/where to check if that is enabled or how to do it.

Another thread recommended i check this option (or something): "--with-xml=shared"

Thanks,

Scott

Comment

• remedy
      • Jun 2002

Fixed It!

I figured out the problem was that PHP 5.0.1 installation runs PHP just fine but doesnt install the mySQL extensions. Screwed around with manually installing them but it never worked, so i uninstalled PHP5 and installed 4.3.8 and everything works like a charm!

Comment

• adamuk
        • Aug 2004

hi
        just got my vb licence sorted today and i uploaded the files, edited config but i still a black page

server is running cpanel, rhe, php 4.3.8

any way around this?

i do not have access to root to looks like to compile php with the option below

anyone got any advice?

thanks
        adam

Comment

• Vega
          • Mar 2004
          • 3.5.x

Did you upload the files in ASCII-mode? If not, upload them again and make it sure this time.

Comment

• Boxy
            • Oct 2002

Also make sure there are no white spaces before the opening php tag or after the closing php tag.

Comment

• adamuk
              • Aug 2004

thanks for the replys guys ill check these out when i get in let u know if i get stuck again

Comment

• Cranbarry
                • Jun 2004

I am also getting the white page while trying to run the install.php...

Running windows server 2003 with MySQL 4.02.0a-nt (server) Client version 5.0,
                PHP 5.0.1

White page with no additions to the database....

Any help out there???

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  Former Customer Support Manager
                  • Jul 2000

The white pages are due to one of these causes:

1. You did not upload the vB files correctly. Reupload the vB non-image files and make sure you upload these in ASCII format and that you overwrite the ones on the server.

2. You have extra space or lines in your config.php file. Make sure there is no whitespace or extra lines in config.php either before the <?php or after the ?>.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Cranbarry
                    • Jun 2004

The only way I got it to work was to:
                    1. Uninstall mysql.
                    2. Uninstall PHP.
                    3. Re-install the same version of mysql.
                    4. Install PHP Version 4.3.7.

Don't mean to be noobish about this but.... It was one of 2 things

1. MySQL - incorrect username and/or password or permissions.
                    2. PHP - 5.0.1 - installation didn't work or vB/PHP/MySQL has issues with this version.

vB installation didn't change, I left it the way it was during these changes.

Either way... it now works - Thanks for the quick response!

Comment

• Zachery
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Jul 2002

I've got vBulletin 1-3 running on php5 It just takes abit more effort

Comment

• ProperMethodz
                        • Dec 2004

OK... I have a bit of a different issue...

When I run upgrade.php it re-directs me to upgrade9.php

I have 10 different upgrade.php files which are numbered upgrade-upgrade9.php.

A little background:

I'm not the original owner of the board... It was passed along.
                        ProperMethodz
                        www.7hmgaming.com
                        My site was given to me... please hold my hand.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          Former Customer Support Manager
                          • Jul 2000

You really should start your own support threads since you problem is not related to this thread. Nonetheless this is normal. The upgrade script will redirect to the correct script for your version.
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...