I am thinking of buying vbulletin but have a few questions.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tarlkea
    • Jan 2005

I am thinking of buying vbulletin but have a few questions.

1.What makes Vbulletin better than other message boards?
    2.If you could describe Vbulletin how would you describe it?
    3.Does it have any features other message boards don't?

Thank You
  • ManagerJosh
    • Jun 2002

Welcome to vBulletin Tarlkea:

What makes vBulletin better? Hmm...I think what makes vBulletin stand out against everyone else is the level of creativity each member brings to the vBulletin community. It is in my opinion that the level of creativity seems to be higher than other message board communities, but again that's merely my opinion.

But what makes vBulletin stand out against everyone else is the level of support vBulletin team members bring. Each one is beyond dedicated, and I believe Steve (head support guy) hasn't slept in about 4 years because he's so dedicated.

I think vBulletin can be best described as dependable. Many large boards/communities use vBulletin to power their communities. Consistently vBulletin has proven itself.

Feature wise, well sooner or later each community will emulate each other's features, however I feel the WYSIWYG editor stands out the most. Feel free to check out the admindemo as well to see what other features vBulletin has to offer.

Hope this helps. Best of luck on your decision!
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• tarlkea
      • Jan 2005

Thanks for replying. I wish to know some other people's answers too.
      I checked out the admin demo and i think I will buy it.I have to wait until I get more money first.
      Last edited by tarlkea; Wed 9 Feb '05, 4:38pm.

Comment

• steven s
        • Jul 2004
        • 3.8.x

You also need to ask yourself what your needs will be.
        I thought vB was overkill when I first purchased a license.
        Now I am finding things that I thought I would never need to be useful.

But the number one cool thing about vB is the support.
        I have had questions and support has gone into my board (after giving them admin rights with a temp username), changed settings and then explained what I did wrong. You really can't beat that.
        ...steven
        www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
        bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
        "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• Forum-Style
          • Sep 2004
          • 3.5.x

Hi there, i am like the others, i moved from another main stream forum, but work on almost every forum software out there (my job to). After using one forum software for about 3 years we wanted to move to another, and let be honest, the best rep forum software is vB. There is no doubt there they are the market leaders.

There forum software is second to none, runs so smooth, has many great features like subscription payment system to add paypal says into your site, and others.

Full control over about any part of the board, i will admit at first i thought man talk about over kill, there was settings for everything , but as time goes on, i think i can honest say i have used them all one time or another. It great to now look at it as yep i can do that. The problems lie now how does one do that, knowing it can be done on vB. So thats where vB stand out again.

There support, well like josh has said, you just can not beat it, there is no way steve is human (sorry its not) this robot :P just flys around answering everything, a bit like josh now i come to think of it :P Josh for staff hehe.

Anways just look around, and read what some people have said, they dont hide bad remarks so you always get to see any bad comments as well as good, but what members class as bad, is really not what i would, things like it running a little slower than my last forum software..... Well along comes that robot steve and with a matter of explaining a little more, the post becomes damn its fast.

Comment

• KimmiKat
            • Jul 2003

The money spent will be a good investment. If you have a tax refund coming, there you go! I did that last year. The lease price is about the same as takin a family of four to the movie theatre (Average ticket price is 13.25 in our area plus pop, candy and popcorn). 2 nights = owned license!

And like someone else mentioned it is used by many companies as well as web hosts for their support forum.
            Kim

Comment

• eva01
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by KimmiKat
              The money spent will be a good investment. If you have a tax refund coming,
              guessing that he put in his correct birthdate then i doubt he has a tax refund coming at 13 years old :P

i have a big one coming.

but my biggest thing with vBulletin, is the support as well as ease of use. and for the most part 85% of the time everything works on OS X

Comment

• KimmiKat
                • Jul 2003

Gads! I didn't see the age. I don't normally pay attention to that. Regardless purchasing a license is the way to go!

Originally posted by eva01
                guessing that he put in his correct birthdate then i doubt he has a tax refund coming at 13 years old :P

i have a big one coming.

but my biggest thing with vBulletin, is the support as well as ease of use. and for the most part 85% of the time everything works on OS X
                Kim

Comment

• Thuggin Image
                  • Feb 2005

I just bought my own today after careful thought and testing with IBP and PHPBB and it really is the most funtionable and user friendly. Definitely worth the money.

Comment

• Gomjaba
                    • Jan 2005
                    • 3.5.x

I also have to say that this forum system is the most stable I have ever used.
                    For easy things (like password protected forums) you need always a hack when using PHPBB, PHPKIT and so on.

MOST of the good features are build in vbulletin... You also get very good, tested hacks to customize your board as needed.

Also : I am impressed with the support. I did not need them in the moment (still working on design before I go online) but when you read through the forum you'll see that most questions will be answered FAST and not arrogant (as in the mainstream forums).

I rather pay 160$ for a lifetime license before I EVER install a free version again ...
                    I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol like some thinkle peep I am!

Comment

• tarlkea
                      • Jan 2005

Thank you all for your opinions.Well I bought vbulletin!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...