Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wfp
    • Nov 2004

webbbs "look" framed forum

I'm moving from PHPbb to Vb. Before going to PHPbb we used Webbbs. After migrating we had a huge number of users complain about the lost split frame look. (top frame, message index, bottom frame, messages)

So we went through a huge hack job on PhpBB to recreate this look & feel.

Are we looking at doing this again to VBB or has anyone else done it already?

Thanks!!!!!!!
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Do you perhaps have a visual example for me?

Comment

• wfp
      • Nov 2004

the messages come up in the bottom frame.

We have phpbb looking like this, we hope our Vbb can too,,,

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

Threaded view is possible by default for a thread, not for a list of threads.
        For example, click the below link to change this linear view to threaded view of this thread:

I'm moving from PHPbb to Vb. Before going to PHPbb we used Webbbs. After migrating we had a huge number of users complain about the lost split frame look. (top frame, message index, bottom frame, messages) So we went through a huge hack job on PhpBB to recreate this look & feel. Are we looking at doing this again to VBB

Comment

• wfp
          • Nov 2004

But threaded view is not what we need, we need the "2 frame" with message index on top frame & message below like Webbbs.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
            • Dec 2000
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by wfp
            But threaded view is not what we need, we need the "2 frame" with message index on top frame & message below like Webbbs.
            Implementing a framed setup would take some doing. For help with this you might try posting on www.vbulletin.org.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...