Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MischiefThought
    • Aug 2003

Weird problem going on..

Basically, i go into a thread, and try to reply, and it says "Invalid thread specified, please contact the webmaster".. Then i hit the back button, and try again, and it works?

This happens only sometimes, and lately i've noticed the post counts stay pretty much the same, any ideas anyone?

Version: 3.0.0 GOLD
    No hacks installed.

• Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

If it's inconsistent and can't be reliably reproduced then my guess is that it's a server issue. Which versions of PHP and MySQL are you running?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• MischiefThought
      • Aug 2003

http://forum.emceeforums.com/showthr...7735#post57735 This is still happening.

I dont know what version of PHP or MYSQL I run. I am on a shared hosting account, this has only been happening since i upgraded to the GOLD version!

Comment

• MischiefThought
        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        If it's inconsistent and can't be reliably reproduced then my guess is that it's a server issue. Which versions of PHP and MySQL are you running?
        No pun intended but, over the past year I have been posting vb related trouble shooting requests on this forum, and every single time you referr to the server being the problem. Is it ever the software? I really don't mean to be rude, but i mean come on..

Comment

• Steve Machol
          • Jul 2000

Yes, of course it's sometimes the software. And if you take a moment to read through my posts on the forums you will see that I sincerely try to help everyone and give my honest opinion of what the trouble is.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• MischiefThought
            • Aug 2003

Okay, welll a few things you should know:

This only started happening after I upgraded the board to vBulletin 3.0 GOLD
            Its starting to happen more n more on the board.

It almost looks to me like something is running in the background, and when it is, the board sorta 'haults' the mysql database.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

I hesitate to tell you my opinion again because you'll accuse me of something I'm not doing. Unfortunately I have no other answers that you'll be happy with.

Can you at least try to find out the MySQL version from your host? As for PHP in the Admin CP, open the Server Settings and Optimization Options section and turn on the Public ph
              pinfo() Display Enabled setting. Then provide the URL to your forums. This will give us the version number.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• MischiefThought
                • Aug 2003

Done.

I was told by my host that PHP is version 4.3.4.

AND mysql is 4.0.18.

Comment

• HibeesBounce
                  • Mar 2004

our forum is havin similiar problems

you change a setting or something in the admin cp panel and a whole load o other stuff goes wrong with the forum

such as up the top vBulletin Community Forum > vBulletin 3 > vBulletin 3 Troubleshooting and Problems > Weird problem going on..

all have lines runnin rite through them

i have posted a seperate thread on this and i cant seem to get the attachment to work to show the "suspect files" pic i have as i think it is that

it is also sayin server too busy when the other parts of the site are workin fine

Comment

• MischiefThought
                    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by HibeesBounce
                    our forum is havin similiar problems

you change a setting or something in the admin cp panel and a whole load o other stuff goes wrong with the forum

such as up the top vBulletin Community Forum > vBulletin 3 > vBulletin 3 Troubleshooting and Problems > Weird problem going on..

all have lines runnin rite through them

i have posted a seperate thread on this and i cant seem to get the attachment to work to show the "suspect files" pic i have as i think it is that

it is also sayin server too busy when the other parts of the site are workin fine
                    Thanks for totally proving me right, lol.
                    Steve?? hehe.

Comment

• MischiefThought
                      • Aug 2003

I'm having another weird problem...

When i go into threads, i see alot of EMPTY posts. Like, say I type something to Steve in a thread, and post it up, it shows up as a BLANK post! This is very very very weird.. Someone please help!!!!!!

http://forum.emceeforums.com/showthread.php?p=57735 There's 2 examples in that thread!!!!!!

Comment

• HibeesBounce
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by MischiefThought
                        Thanks for totally proving me right, lol.
                        Steve?? hehe.
                        aye it is gettin a right pain in the ..................................

Comment

• HibeesBounce
                          • Mar 2004

in saying that the Vb team are doing a good job, have helped on many occasions

but when your tryin to do something on your forums and it goes pearshaped you get a little bit peeed off

Comment

• MischiefThought
                            • Aug 2003

Ok i went into my database and further researched the problem.

I figured out the vbulletin isnt fully inputing the post data into the db. All it does is set it as null and gave it an id which shows that it isn't mysql. This is gonna bother me until its fixed

Comment

• HibeesBounce
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by MischiefThought
                              Ok i went into my database and further researched the problem.

I figured out the vbulletin isnt fully inputing the post data into the db. All it does is set it as null and gave it an id which shows that it isn't mysql. This is gonna bother me until its fixed
                              pass

didnt there used to be an "online helpdesk" prob too busy they shut it doon..lol
                              Last edited by hIBEES; Mon 29 Mar '04, 11:07am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...