• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lexx
    • Feb 2004
    • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Updating vB3 from home computer to my host server

Hi:

I tried asking this question before, without much success. Maybe I didn't explain the problem correctly.

I'm working on getting a handle on vB3 and have it running on my local computer so I can make make new forums and adjust the various setting on vB3.

A relatively new untouched vB3 is sitting on a remote 'live server' with several test messages on it.

What files and/or directories do I need to upload from my home computer with the modified forums, to update the live vb3 on my remote server so vB3 on my remote server looks and act like the finished version on my home computer?

I want the appearance of the remote vB3 to be the same as the "adjusted" home version of vB3, but I don't want the new uploaded vB3 (with new forums etc.) to mess up the database on the live server.

How do I handle this merging of live database on the remote server with the newly adjusted vB3 uploaded from my 'localhost' machine?

Any help is appreciated. I'm pretty new at this stuff.

Thanks
    Last edited by Lexx; Wed 18 Feb '04, 7:25am.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

If you are talking about the styles, then use the Download/Upload function in the Style Manager to do this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Lexx
      • Feb 2004
      • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      If you are talking about the styles, then use the Download/Upload function in the Style Manager to do this.
      I don't know Steve, am I talking about styles?

I think I'm being pretty clear with what I trying to do. All I'm looking for is a little advise on a program I'm not familiar with.

I've added a forum or two to my vBulletin running on a "testbed" home computer. I now want to upload this adjusted/ammended/changed/altered vBulletin to a "live" remote server and overwrite the vBulletin that is running on the remote server.

I do not want to change the database on the live remote server. I want the "new" uploaded vBulletin to work with everything on that old database.

How do I do this? Can I do this?

Is what I'm trying to do called "changing styles"?

Help from anyone is appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...