Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • svoec
    • Mar 2002

myi errors, relief soon ??

I'm to the point of putting a "repair table thread" mysql statment into my cron jobs to run every hour.

I have done everthing listed, and even sent links to my host to the threads with info on the repairs. They say I'm not the only one having these problems with my-sql, but they have made several of the sugested changes to try to help, with no change.

My problem is my forum picks the WORST times to crash -- for example, I was having some work done on my house this week, and was without power for 2 days, of course, it crashed at the begining of the first day!!

Is there any light at the end of the tunnel, or should I just put a repair statment in, and live with it ??
    -
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

This is a MySQL issue. The only surefire fix is to downgrade to MySQL 3.23.56.

I've heard MySQL 4.0.15 will be released soon. Let's hope they've finally found a permanent fix to this problem.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• svoec
      • Mar 2002

Thanks Steve --- I know the issue is with mysql, like I said, my host said they have had lots of my-sql problems since the upgrade, not just with VB

I can't understand why a patch hasn't been released for this problem, or why it has taken so long to get resolved.. I know this isn't VB's Job to answer these questions, just thought someone might have some insight
      -

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Dec 2000

I've spoken to an employee of MySQL AB yesterday and 4.0.15 will fix these issues regarding corruption.
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• svoec
          • Mar 2002

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
          I've spoken to an employee of MySQL AB yesterday and 4.0.15 will fix these issues regarding corruption.
          Any thougts on a release date ?
          -

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...