Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwindebank
    • Aug 2003

Attachments problem

I have installed vBulletin 3.0.0 B5 on my Windows server. Everything seemed to go smoothly and I'm encountering just one problem. When I try to upload attachments, the attachment window opens and I am able to browse to the file, but when I click "Add This File", the window turns completely white, and nothing gets uploaded. I have made sure that the IUSR_machine user has modify permissions on the appropriate directories, including "attachments". I have also made sure that it is OK to upload attachments in my php.ini file.

The forum URL is http://www.mach1forums.com/forum

I am using a 2.4 P4 with 2bg ram, 73gb hard drive
    I host it myself
    It is running Windows 2000 Server with latests patches and service packs and PHP 4.3.3
    I am running MySQL 4.0
    I am using vBulletin Version 3.0.0 Beta 5 which I downloaded and installed today for the first time (i.e. it was not an upgrade)

Thank you.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

In the Admin CP, open the Server Settings and Optimization Options section and turn on the Public phpinfo() Display Enabled setting. Then provide the URL to your forums.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• jwindebank
      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      In the Admin CP, open the Server Settings and Optimization Options section and turn on the Public phpinfo() Display Enabled setting. Then provide the URL to your forums.
      I have turned on public phpinfo().

The URL is:

Thanks for the quick reply!!!!!!!!!!

-Jason

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Since you are on a Windows system you need to edit php,.ini to include the location of your upload temp directory. Something like:

upload_tmp_dir = C:\tmp

You will need to make sure this is a real directory and that it is world-writable. Be sure to restart the web server after editing php.ini.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• jwindebank
          • Aug 2003

Yep... that fixed it!! Thank you VERY much!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...