Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sinzar
    • Jan 2003

VB3 corrupts passwords!

I've tried endless amounts of times and I'm getting very impatient here. My forums are pretty big.... around 300MB. I have a T1 line and on that it's pretty timely to keep backing up and uploading a backup of my forums everytime I need to upgrade from VB 2.3.0. (as it doesn't work when I install it)

The installation process runs very smoothly, but when I try logging into my admincp it does not work. None of my admin accounts work at all. I have no idea what to do and am giving up installing VB3 until then.

Some help would be appreciated.

Thank you
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

vB3 uses a different password hashing scheme. Try deleting your cookies before loading the page and trying to login..

What version of the Beta are you using?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Tim Wheatley
      • Jan 2002

I had a similar problem when I installed to test, so I think WL has the answer...

FYI, Internet Explorer cookies are located (on Windows Operating Systems) in either:
      Win 95,98,ME
      DRIVE:\windows\cookies
      XP
      DRIVE:\Documents and Settings\LOGIN NAME\Cookies

Comment

• Sinzar
        • Jan 2003

Out of the hundred or so daily active members I get, none of them were able to login correctly. I have tried deleting my cookies and even starting over on fresh computer. I'm pretty sure it's not a cookie problem. The funny thing is, when I install it and tryt to go to the admincp, it loads the frames then loads all login box pages.

Anyway, I'm unsure of which beta I use. Is there any problems with any of them?

Using my old database (on a different server) I have these forums setup and running: http://www.nintendofire.com/forums/index.php

What I did was, make a backup of the SQL database and moved it to this location: http://www.nintendonow.com/forums/index.php

Go ahead, try registering and logging in... I cannot stay logged in.

Now, so I wouldn't mess up my newly transferred database, I made another database for VB3 testing purposes located here:
        This website is for sale! nintendonow.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, nintendonow.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

This was basically a backup of my DB and an upload of the latest VB3 files and a basic upgrade.

But yet, on both tests I get the same exact error: Cannot login... So it can't be vBulletin 3 itself. It has to be something else...

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

You can look at this thread here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73439

Did you have any problems with any of the steps while upgrading? Didn't skip any somehow?
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Sinzar
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            You can look at this thread here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73439

Did you have any problems with any of the steps while upgrading? Didn't skip any somehow?
            This thread seems to match my problem well. I'll browse through it more and see if I can figure this out.

Thank you.

Comment

• Erwin
              • Jan 2002

It's most probably your cookies. Delete all the cookies in your browser, login and logout again. It happens when you run a testforum as well. vB3 gets confused between the domain paths. Did you change it by any chance?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...