• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sherrie
    • May 2006
    • 4.2.X

Slow Quick Reply and Double Posting

Hello

My users including myself are having troubles with the quick reply feature being slow as well as double posting in that sometimes when we post it will post twice. I was wondering what the causes for this could be? My host is claiming it is not them.

I would really appreciate any help so I can resolve this. Thanks
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

I have seen double posting problems caused by not having a flood check:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Posting and Editing Options -> Minimum Time Between Posts

Make sure this is not 0. The default is 30.

You might also try disabling the problematic AJAX features (which includes the quick reply):

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> General Settings -> Disable AJAX Features

Comment

• Sherrie
      • May 2006
      • 4.2.X

Hello

I just wanted to update that I followed your suggestions and no more double posting (was originally set to 15) but still problems with quick reply.

Anyway thanks for your help

Comment

• Sherrie
        • May 2006
        • 4.2.X

double posting and flood check

Hello

I found the suggestions given to me above solved my double posting problem but ever since say the 3.8.2 update I have noticed double posting again for both myself and moderators. I noticed under flood check it states that it doesn't apply to both admins and moderators and so I was wondering if this was a new addition and if there is anyway I can get around it?

Administrators and moderators are exempt from floodcheck.
        Cheers

Sherrie

Comment

• mediahelp
          • Jul 2008
          • 5.2.x

This double post issue has only reared its head with me since 3.8.2. I have checked the flood optyion, which was already set at 30 but I had not noticed before now, that Admin and Mods are exempt from this check.

Any thoughts on what else we can do to fix this other than disabling Ajax?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...