X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick
    • Feb 2008
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Razasharp
    Restructuring is expected after a take over.
    This seems a bit different than restructuring. So many at one time, especially some of the veteran developers and team members.

Personally, I'm getting the vibe that something has changed internally and the veterans don't like the way vBulletin is heading - and so they leave. You know, if your boss/manager at work today were to leave and some new guy came in and you didn't like the way he did things, you'd leave too, right? I would.
    This is just the feeling I get and I'm losing some sense of connection and trust with Jelsoft.
    Regards,
    Nick

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

I think its a lot of assumption that all these changes are due to restructuring as opposed to personal re-evaluations. I know assumptions will jump in with the absence of facts but they are still assumptions. If one of the managers wants to post more details than they will.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Fusion
        • Aug 2001
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Nick
        This seems a bit different than restructuring. So many at one time, especially some of the veteran developers and team members.

Personally, I'm getting the vibe that something has changed internally and the veterans don't like the way vBulletin is heading - and so they leave. You know, if your boss/manager at work today were to leave and some new guy came in and you didn't like the way he did things, you'd leave too, right? I would.
        This is just the feeling I get and I'm losing some sense of connection and trust with Jelsoft.
        Truth be told, I haven't the foggiest where this is heading, but I keep telling myself I atleast owe it to myself to let it ride out and see where it all ends up before deciding if I like it or not.

If I don't, and decide to jump ship I'll be out a few $$$, but atleast then it will be an informed decision.
        Toddler from Hell

Comment

• Nick
          • Feb 2008
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          I think its a lot of assumption that all these changes are due to restructuring as opposed to personal re-evaluations. I know assumptions will jump in with the absence of facts but they are still assumptions. If one of the managers wants to post more details than they will.
          You're completely right, Wayne. I couldn't come up with a good way to say that this is just how I feel and the lack of official 'word' doesn't help. You said it better than I ever could:
          assumptions will jump in with the absence of facts
          Regards,
          Nick

Comment

• Boosted Panda
            • Mar 2008
            • 3.8.x

Thats part of the issue. Since the IB take over, vB has really changed from the friendly were here to help atmosphere, to buy vB and don't expect us to let you know where your investment is going.

Comment

• Nick
              • Feb 2008
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Boosted Panda
              Thats part of the issue. Since the IB take over, vB has really changed from the friendly were here to help atmosphere, to buy vB and don't expect us to let you know where your investment is going.
              Exactly. The tight-knit community and level of personalization was a very important aspect.
              It's not always good to play with the big boys. It can destroy a company as you know it, to say the least.
              Regards,
              Nick

Comment

• Steve Machol
                Former Customer Support Manager
                • Jul 2000

FWIW I have already clarified the issues regarding Floris (essentially his choice due to a unique situation) and Jerry (still works for us part-time on Impex issues.)

It is not my place to speak for Mike but I will tell you I think very highly of him (as I do Jerry and Floris) and hope the best for him.

Also there is an assumption that change can only be bad. The truth is that change can be good or bad, and sometimes both at the same time.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• hornstar6969
                  • Aug 2005
                  • 3.8.x

Why has James not said anything about all these staff members leaving. Surely a goodbye thread, or some recognition of what they had done to vb, or a message to the community to let us know what changes are taking place currently, or anything so we know what IB has inhold of VB.
                  Selling my BigBoard GamerzNeeds.net/forums Threads: 193 502, Posts: 1 540 045, Members: 718 566 It is listed here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...3#post18297060

Comment

• Ryan Ashbrook
                    • May 2003

Am I the only one who thinks that everybody is looking a little too deep into this?
                    Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

• Dean C
                      • Mar 2002
                      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Ryan Ashbrook
                      Am I the only one who thinks that everybody is looking a little too deep into this?
                      No, you're not alone
                      Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• jmurrayhead
                        • Sep 2006

From a community perspective, this really sucks.

From a business standpoint, I don't see the vBulletin product getting worse or failing. Hopefully, they just don't lose perspective of what we as customers want.

EDIT::

almost forgot...best wishes to those who have departed
                        No...No...Meester vBulletin, he no work right.

Comment

• briansol
                          • Apr 2006
                          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                          I think its a lot of assumption that all these changes are due to restructuring as opposed to personal re-evaluations. I know assumptions will jump in with the absence of facts but they are still assumptions.
                          If it was just one dev/staffer leaving, the assumption wouldn't be formed as easy.

But when 3+2 leave in a week, it tells us, the customers, something is up.

I can't say i didn't see it coming though...

Mike/Floris/et al,
                          good luck on your future efforts.

Comment

• Floris
                            • Dec 2001

Thanks Briansol and everybody else.

Comment

• jmurrayhead
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by briansol
                              If it was just one dev/staffer leaving, the assumption wouldn't be formed as easy.
                              Indeed, and it's my opinion that the company is being pretty shady about all this. It's not my or any other customer's business regarding the personal situations of those who left, but to not be told yes or no that something is going on is unacceptable, IMO.
                              Originally posted by briansol
                              I can't say i didn't see it coming though...
                              Yeap...
                              No...No...Meester vBulletin, he no work right.

Comment

• fufu
                                • Jan 2006
                                • 3.8.x

I believe Kier gave us a "hint" very early on, before the new year started.

Originally posted by Kier
                                The developers are not (any longer) the final decision makers when it comes to whether or not features are included in vBulletin products, and what those products are.
                                However, I can assure you that the support team and developers still read all customer suggestions and feedback.
                                http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...&postcount=522

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...