Going to merge two databases - need some assistance!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MadK
    • Feb 2008
    • 3.7.x

Going to merge two databases - need some assistance!

Alright so, I am about to merge two vBulletin databases into one, and I was in need of some clarification before I start the merging process.

Both of my forums are hosted on the same server, same ip, but have different directories. I am going to replace the actual names with the directories /vbulletin1/ and /vbulletin2/.

This is my current setup of vBulletin forums, both hosted on the same server, same ip, same MySQL server:

http://www.domainname.com/vbulletin1 <--- Source
    http://www.domainname.com/vbulletin2 <--- Target

If vBulletin2 is the one I am going to merge into vBulletin 1, it makes vBulletin2 the target, right?

Is there anything else I am to be aware of if both of my forums are hosted on the same server/domain/using the same mysql server?

Thanks everyone!
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Target: vBulletin 1
    Source: vBulletin 2
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Jerry
      • Dec 2002
      • 1.1.x

Originally posted by MadK
      Is there anything else I am to be aware of if both of my forums are hosted on the same server/domain/using the same mysql server?
      Make a back up of the test target before the import and read the section in the manual on merge imports, and test test test
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...