X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rik Brown
    • May 2005
    • 4.2.X

RSS Inbound Feeds Not Updating

I've scanned through quite a few messages on the subject and have not found an answer for my problem.

Yes, the $cronimage line is there fine (and not commented out, etc.) in the footer file. All other scheduled tasks are updating fine. In fact, the RSS Feed Manager will even update the "Last Checked" column when the feeds should run although we don't get any feed data. I can preview feeds fine, as well. I've run the Repair / Optimize tables Maintenance item on the two rss tables in case there might have been any problem with the tables. They appear fine.

Currently, I'm manually getting the RSS feeds by "Reset"-ing all feeds (via a mysql query) and then clicking on the "Run Scheduled Task" button of the RSS Feed Manager. If done manually in this manner, everything works fine.

Anything else I need to look at in order to getting rss working correctly in an automated state?

Thanks. -- Rik
  • Rik Brown
    • May 2005
    • 4.2.X

RSS Inbound Feeds Not Updating - STILL

Waited patiently for 2 weeks before bumping...

Anyone know how to solve the problem of the RSS inbound feeds not updating. Getting quite tired of manually running them twice daily.

Thanks. -- Rik

Comment

• briansol
      • Apr 2006
      • 3.6.x

stupid idea-- but is it set to a run time? it won't run ever if it doesn't have a time to run set.

Comment

• Rik Brown
        • May 2005
        • 4.2.X

Yes. the RSS Feed Manager shows the "Last Checked" column being updated each time its scheduled to run but no feed messages are showing up in the forums.

If I run it manually, by clicking on the "Run Scheduled Task Now" button, the forums get lots of messages (about 400 over a 24-hour period).

Any ideas appreciated. Thank you. -- Rik

Comment

• nick-harper
          • Jun 2008

I am also having this issue here

Comment

• Rik Brown
            • May 2005
            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by nick-harper
            I am also having this issue here
            Nick:

It sounds exactly like the same problem. As suggested within your thread, I tried wget on the cron.php file and got the following reply:

Code:
            GIF89a▒▒▒▒!▒,D;
            So that seems to show that one can manually trigger the "gif" file for the cron but, all the same, the rss feeds are still not being triggered.

Anyone who can help us both out?

Thanks. -- Rik

Comment

• Rik Brown
              • May 2005
              • 4.2.X

I wouldn't mind setting this up as a cron event from my server but that doesn't seem to work either. I've tried to use wget in my server cron on the rssposter.php and nothing happens.

Anyone know how to do it? Does it require passing any parameters. Could also try curl as well if I knew what would help???

Thanks. -- Rik

Comment

• Watson
                • May 2004

I am also having this problem, and did not want to start a new topic. I need to manually run the task to have my RSS Feeds post new threads

Comment

• tintin74
                  • Jul 2007

Exact the same problem for my board since many months... nobody could solve this issue?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    Former Customer Support Manager
                    • Jul 2000

Please start your own thread with all the relevant details. Thank you.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...