Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whiteblue1942
    • May 2008

user infraction question...

how many infractions until the user is banned by default, and how do i change this number? how can i see all banned members?
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

There are no infraction punishments (called infraction groups and automatic bans) setup by default. You need to create those punishments in your:

Admin CP -> User Infractions -> User Infraction Manager

You can view all banned users in your:

Admin CP -> Users -> View Banned Users

Comment

• whiteblue1942
      • May 2008

how many infractions until someone is banned?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

That depends on how you have setup your infractions and points.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• whiteblue1942
          • May 2008

and you do this in the user infraction manager, cuz i went ot mine and i cant fin it anywehre

Comment

• Christophe_O
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by whiteblue1942
            and you do this in the user infraction manager, cuz i went ot mine and i cant fin it anywehre
            Infraction manager ... "Add new automatic ban" ... here are my personal settings:
            • I left most infractions with the default of 1 point
            • Except 'spammed advertisements' was raised to 6 points.
            • And I added a custom category of 'very obvious spam' for 12 points.
            • Then I added an 'automatic ban' for 12 points.
            • Be sure to select 12 'points' and not 12 'infractions'.
            • All infraction point durations: permanent.
            • Automatic ban duration: permanent.

So just one or two spam ads, depending on the mood I am in, and culprits are banned permanently.

I have a forum-wide 'announcement' of forum etiquette. I explain that if banned members want to change their ways, they can contact me via the contact form, promise to change, and be forgiven. But I don't see any point in 'automatically' lifting the ban.

I also created a 'Spam and Violations' forum for the posting of all those 'infraction' reports. "This forum is setup in the vBulletin Options > User Infractions Options section." (See Vbulletin manual.) It's much easier to make those infraction reports (just click the user name, then the 'infraction' button in their profile) than to open the admin interface and ban someone manually. It is also good that this leaves a public record.
            Last edited by Christophe_O; Thu 19 Jun '08, 9:17am. Reason: clarification
            sigpic Krystof
            Starnectar Free Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...