X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • qazwsxedc123
    • Nov 2007

Question about getting the last page

Lets say someone post a reply in a thread. That reply is number 12 (but that doesn't matter).

Is it possible for me as a user to view the latest entry using only the thread url? (someone using showpost.php?)

ex: www.myforum.com/thethread.html

Is it possible to append some sort of php command so I ONLY get the latest post in that thread?

edit: and unlike this site, this forum does not give you the forum id (t=249239) it links you to a html page.... which might be a problem.
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Yeah, you can link to anchored posts from a thread. Even with pagination. But pagination can't assume the per/page count each individual might have. Page 2 for you might be page 5 for me.

Comment

• qazwsxedc123
      • Nov 2007

How do I do that? Dont forgot, this is not my forum... I just want to view the last page as a end user.

Also I do not want to get the link, I want it created automatically (basically I will have a filter that automatically appends "last post" link to every thread link in the forum)

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

Sorry, I can't give you support.

Comment

• qazwsxedc123
          • Nov 2007

Right now I could easilly do this by simple filtering out all post in the pages execpt the last page... but that would make using all vBulletin pages very messy...

Can you at least tell me if doing this as a user is possible in the URL?

edit: And how about if I do have the showthread.php?t=, can you give me that information?

I am just asking for a simple command, I didn't think it would be a issue

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

To get vB support on these forums you first need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/membersupport_priority.php

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

Once you've done this, please post in the appropriate support forum for your version.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...