Every IP address has been banned on my site.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lobsterpasties
    • Oct 2004

Every IP address has been banned on my site.

Including administrators.

I have no idea how or why this has happened, it could have been an error by moderator or not. I can't get into control panel (admin panel) to sort it out, as my ip is banned.

I have reinstalled older backup of site from 2 weeks ago, on the server by stopping mysql and copying the old data back in, and exactly the same problem.

url is http://208.101.38.218/

version 3.6.1

Any ideas where to next ? Where this detail is stored ?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Are you sure it's an IP ban and not something else? If so, this query will delete all the IP addresses from the IP Ban settting:

UPDATE setting SET value='' WHERE varname='banip';
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• lobsterpasties
      • Oct 2004

Still getting nowhere at all.

I have absolutely no idea where to start with this one.

It obviously can't be an ip ban, because replacing the database withthe old backup causes the same faults.

I have restored the backed up web site from last week. I have restored the backed up database from last week, and last month.

I have even moved the website location and repointed it, but nothing is changing. I have no idea where to go next with this one.
      Last edited by lobsterpasties; Thu 1 Nov '07, 12:46pm.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Are you getting an IP ban message or something else? Have you tried running that query?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• lobsterpasties
          • Oct 2004

message is
          Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here

Yes I have run the sql query
          rows matched 1 changerd 1 warnings 0

The site still has the same error.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file.

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, fill out a support ticket at:

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...