Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

Ok I guess they did not do the proper edits so that arcade would work properly for them I have banned my self and unbanned without any problems. I was worried for that. Plus I am going to make a template page for the games without it making database edits.

Comment

• Hasse
      • Dec 2003

Unbanning a banned IP series

Seems like I'm having the same problem (vB 3.6.7, no hacks whatsoever, 3 languages installed).

Some days ago I banned a series of IP numbers since I had a "storm" of people from that series that tried at the admincp all the time. Some time after I wanted to remove the banning since one important user sits on that same series.

Did it - removed the IP ban from the settings, stored settings.

The user is being thrown out when trying to post messages. - Of course I have instructed him to remove the cookies, empty the browser cache and restarting the browser - and I have been sure that it was a browser side problem.

I'm not that sure anymore since not even the most stupid user would have failed to do according to the instructions we made.

Summa summarum: the forum kicks out the user for ex. when he tries to post a message. Everything looks like a traditional "bad cookie" setup - but since he removes all the cookies for the domain that shouldn't be the problem. He used to be able to work with the forum before the IP banning!

Comment

• peterska2
        • Oct 2003
        • 3.7.x

Please start a new thread in the relevant forum for the version that you are running.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...