Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • needhelp338
    • Apr 2007

Can we modify the THREADED view mode ?

Does anyone know if I can pay someone to modify the THREADED VIEW mode in vBulletin to look more like this rather than the default that comes with the vBulletin forum ?

I want to purchase a license, and I know vBulletin comes with LINEAR, THREADED and HYBRID view modes. I wonder if the THREADED view can look like the forum in the above link.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
  • Onimua
    • Apr 2005

Almost all of vBulletin's look can be changed using the template system in the Admin Control Panel (so yes).

I'm unsure of how much modification would be required, however, to achieve that appearance.
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• needhelp338
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Onimua
      Almost all of vBulletin's look can be changed using the template system in the Admin Control Panel (so yes).

I'm unsure of how much modification would be required, however, to achieve that appearance.
      Thanks, I have looked at many vBulletin forums all over the web, and couldn't find anyone who has a FULLY THREADED format like the one I showed in my first post.

I know vBulletin comes with a THREADED view mode, but if there is a way to remove the split pane, that's basically what I need. Right now the THREADED mode in vBulletin splits the pane into the top half and bottom half, I find that very confusing.

Does anyone know if there is a forum here or elsewhere where I can pay someone to do the modifications for me ? I read the forums here and don't see much discussions about consulting work etc for vBulletin modification or customization. I will need that once I have purchase the license.

Thanks

Comment

• Onimua
        • Apr 2005

It's possible. Just the level of customization is the only thing that would need to be looked at.

You could try looking for assistance at vbulletin.org.
        Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

This is our default threaded view:

This can be modified using templates. But comparing to what you listed it does require some javascript/mysql knowledge.

Comment

• needhelp338
            • Apr 2007

Maybe what I am looking for had been done already? I am just reading the older threads and found this screenshot. I do not have permission to actually view this screenshot, but it does resemble what I would like to set as the default viewing mode.

This is a discussion forum powered by vBulletin. To find out about vBulletin, go to http://www.vbulletin.com/ .

I found the above screenshot in this link which I don't think I have permission to participate because I haven't purchase a license yet....

Can someone attach a larger version of the above screenshot image? I could only see the Thumbnail version because I do not have the appropriate forum priviledges (I guess)

Thanks
            Last edited by needhelp338; Sun 8 Apr '07, 2:48pm.

Comment