X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andrewtbest
    • Aug 2004

Most users online

Thanks for your help
    Last edited by andrewtbest; Sat 21 Aug '04, 8:48am.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Run this query on your database. This should work:

UPDATE datastore SET data = 'a:2:{s:9:\"maxonline\";s:2:\"63\";s:13:\"maxonlinedate\";s:10:\"1069899814\";}' WHERE title = 'maxloggedin'

Change the red text appropriately. The first number is the number of logged in users. The second number is the date in unix timestamp format. The blue numbers correspond to the lengths of the values following them.

If you use table prefixes then you need to change datastore to include the prefix. You can run this query in your:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query

Make sure your userid is entered into your includes/config.php file so you have permission to run queries:

// ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
    // The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
    // See the above entries for more information on the format.
    // Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
    // to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
    $canrunqueries = '';

Comment

• kafi
      • Apr 2004
      • 3.6.x

Hello,
      please, can you write formula how to transfer the date to unix format?
      For exemple todays day?

many appreciations :-)

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

You can use this online tool to convert dates and times to Unix Timestamps:

Just remember to enter in the GMT values for the date and not the date and time in your specific timezone.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• zendiver
          • Sep 2004
          • 3.5.x

Jake,
          I just go into the db table (datastore), select it, and then edit it.

I have a question regarding the time stamp ("1069899814\" Is there somewhere we can decipher that so if I wanted to change the date/time to a particular one, I can. My board shows this:

Most users ever online was 328, 03-20-05 at 02:34 PM.

I only have, at the moment 66 members and the board has actually only been open to the public for 3 weeks.

I would like to change the date to 09-16-05 as that is when I had 19 members online.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
          Run this query on your database. This should work:

UPDATE datastore SET data = 'a:2:{s:9:\"maxonline\";s:2:\"63\";s:13:\"maxonlinedate\";s:10:\"1069899814\";}' WHERE title = 'maxloggedin'

Change the red text appropriately. The first number is the number of logged in users. The second number is the date in unix timestamp format. The blue numbers correspond to the lengths of the values following them.

If you use table prefixes then you need to change datastore to include the prefix. You can run this query in your:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query

Make sure your userid is entered into your includes/config.php file so you have permission to run queries:

// ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
          // The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
          // See the above entries for more information on the format.
          // Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
          // to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
          $canrunqueries = '';
          Check out my latest Dive Videos.
          Spend your surface interval at www.zendiving.com

Comment

• zendiver
            • Sep 2004
            • 3.5.x

NM....thx Steve...I found the conversion site that you listed, but it would still help me to know how they break it down.
            Check out my latest Dive Videos.
            Spend your surface interval at www.zendiving.com

Comment

• Jake Bunce
              • Dec 2000
              • 3.6.x

Comment

• NorthwoodsFella
                • Jul 2006

It sure would be nice to have a little utility to do this for us automagically. I've got this same problem, but I dont want to have to run this command every time the counter is 'wrong'. I'm sure this was due to search engine spiders, according to my log files. So, it's likely it would happen again. I thought if I turned on that 'identification of SE spiders', it wouldn't count the SEs as guests... but I'm sure that's what happened.

Comment

• NorthwoodsFella
                  • Jul 2006

Reset Most Users Online

I take it, there is no handy utility to reset this?

Comment

• NorthwoodsFella
                    • Jul 2006

It would be nice to be able to do this through the Admin CP!

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      Former Customer Support Manager
                      • Jul 2000

No sorry, there is no tool available to do this, and yes I think it would be a good idea to have one or something in the Admin CP to do this.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• MediaHound
                        • Apr 2004
                        • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 1

Agreed, would be great to have a tool to reset "Most users ever online". That's the reason for my visit here today; to find out how to do it.

Comment

• MediaHound
                          • Apr 2004
                          • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 1

Found this useful thread, too. It shows how to reset it down to 0 - and not specify what you want it to be at like what's suggested here.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...