Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VegasMack
    • Apr 2005

How Do I Add An Administrator?

On VBulletin Version 3.0.7, how can I turn a registered user into a second Administrator?

Thanks,

Mack
    Our vBulletin Real Estate Forums and our Real Estate Websites help us promote our Las Vegas real estate site.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Change his usergroup iin the Admin CP, then set the appropriate permissions:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Administrator Permissions

You may need to make yourself a Super Admin in order to do this. Edit this section of config.php:

// ****** SUPER ADMINISTRATORS ******
    // The users specified below will have permission to access the administrator permissions
    // page, which controls the permissions of other administrators
    $superadministrators = 'x';

...and replace x with your userid (not user name.)
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• VegasMack
      • Apr 2005

That worked Steve.

Thanks!
      Our vBulletin Real Estate Forums and our Real Estate Websites help us promote our Las Vegas real estate site.

Comment

• MKeditor
        • Sep 2004

I have done all the above and I still don't have access to alter administrator permissions. Anyone? I am running 3.5

Comment

• Steve Machol
          • Jul 2000

If you did this correctly then it would work. Guaranteed.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• MKeditor
            • Sep 2004

Here is what I have it set to:

// ****** SUPER ADMINISTRATORS ****** // The users specified below will have permission to access the administrator permissions // page, which controls the permissions of other administrators $config['SpecialUsers']['superadministrators'] = '1,2'; // ****** MySQLI OPTIONS ***** // PHP can be instructed to set connection paramaters by reading from the // file named in 'ini_file'. Please use a full path to the file. // Used to set the connection's default character set // Example: // $config['Mysqli']['ini_file'] = 'c:\program files\MySQL\MySQL Server 4.1\my.ini'; $config['Mysqli']['ini_file'] =

I am user id #2. When I click on Administrator Permissions under usergroups, it says:

Sorry, you are not allowed to edit administrator permissions.

If you think you should have permission to access this page, you will need to edit the $config['SpecialUsers']['superadministrators'] variable in the includes/config.php file.

What am I doing wrong?

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

I can't tell much from that. As I said if you did this correctly it should work. Have you installed any hacks or plugins?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• MKeditor
                • Sep 2004

Nope

No hacks or plug in. It is bone stock....unless F5, that hosts the server has added anything.

Is there anything I can post here that would help you to see if I added the code correctly?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

Fill out a support ticket at:

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. Please also include a complete description of the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...