Paid subscriptions 2CheckOut API problems...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobFerrari
    • Feb 2003

Paid subscriptions 2CheckOut API problems...

I populated the fields properly on the vB side with number and secret word. The subscription is being sent to 2CO fine and I get a receipt. However, vB isn't activating the subscription like it does for the Paypal API.

What else do I need to do?

Thanks,
    rob
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Has 2CO recently changed? I wasn't aware that it sent any confirmation back to the server.

Comment

• RobFerrari
      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Zachery
      Has 2CO recently changed? I wasn't aware that it sent any confirmation back to the server.
      It may not. It isn't listed under the test communications. I can live with that then if at least the descriptions sent through were identifiable. See my thread started here...

My solution before is probably better than this API, I had a link for 2CO on the subscriptions page that just went to a form handling the payment at 2CO. At least this way I would have a good description to know which subscription to add when I got the email receipt. I really think the following changes/enhancements need to be made for next release...

1) Name of subscription is put into transaction (Paypal and 2CO at least, I don't use others), not the 234SDOFOSJDFOJSD... stuff.

2) Name of user is put into transaction. Even before I would get a 2CO recepit and if email didn't match I would have to ask each user what their username was.

3) Other bug I reported before, but vB may choose to leave as is with the default time period. As I reported, when I have to manually add these 2CO subscriptions it is now defaulting to 1 minute. 90% of subscriptions will be one year and NEVER 1 minute. I realize 10% of the time I will have to edit the period, but that's better than 100%.

Thanks,
      rob

Comment

• RobFerrari
        • Feb 2003

responses?

Comment

• RobFerrari
          • Feb 2003

responses??

Comment

• Crazy Serb
            • Mar 2005

same here... I am waiting for the answer on those same questions.

Comment

• Crazy Serb
              • Mar 2005

Rob, I've figured it out (finally!)

It's not a perfect solution, but it works... just go into your "subscription_payment_2checkout" template and change the line that says

Code:
              <input type="hidden" name="cart_order_id" value="$cart" />
              (at least that's what I think it says, as far as I can remember... if not, just look for a line with that "cart_order_id" in it)

into something like

Code:
              <input type="hidden" name="cart_order_id" value="$bbuserinfo[userid]" />
              That should include the userid in all 2checkout confirmation emails (it should look something like "Cart XXX" where XXX is the user id.)

You can also use any of the other user details, like $bbuserinfo[username] or whatever... it sure clears up all the confusion.

Comment

• Crazy Serb
                • Mar 2005

also, another thing to take in consideration (for the developers of vbulletin):

that's a notice about new parameters that are required for 2Checkout items, and I don't think you have those set up in the current 3.5.0 release yet, or in the templates anywhere...

Comment

• RobFerrari
                  • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Crazy Serb
                  Rob, I've figured it out (finally!)

It's not a perfect solution, but it works... just go into your "subscription_payment_2checkout" template and change the line that says

Code:
                  <input type="hidden" name="cart_order_id" value="$cart" />
                  (at least that's what I think it says, as far as I can remember... if not, just look for a line with that "cart_order_id" in it)

into something like

Code:
                  <input type="hidden" name="cart_order_id" value="$bbuserinfo[userid]" />
                  That should include the userid in all 2checkout confirmation emails (it should look something like "Cart XXX" where XXX is the user id.)

You can also use any of the other user details, like $bbuserinfo[username] or whatever... it sure clears up all the confusion.

Thank you! That helps a bunch. Now do you know a way to put which subscription the user got in the return email from 2CO?

Comment

• Crazy Serb
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by RobFerrari
                    Thank you! That helps a bunch. Now do you know a way to put which subscription the user got in the return email from 2CO?
                    well, I've made that easy by making all the subscriptions different amount... don't know how your subscriptions are set up.

Comment

• RobFerrari
                      • Feb 2003

well, I've made that easy by making all the subscriptions different amount... don't know how your subscriptions are set up.
                      yes, my 5 year Silver is same price as 1 year Rossa.

Comment

• Crazy Serb
                        • Mar 2005

I guess we need to wait for VB team to incorporate these:

(c_prod product id, and id_type)

so we can actually set up static products in our 2co admin menu and then maybe link them through vb 2co subscription menu...

Comment

• 3z3k3l
                          • Jan 2006

I guess we need to wait for VB team to incorporate these:

(c_prod product id, and id_type)

so we can actually set up static products in our 2co admin menu and then maybe link them through vb 2co subscription menu...
                          Is this incorporated in 3.5.4 yet?

Comment

• webgroup
                            • Jun 2006
                            • 3.5.x

Originally posted by 3z3k3l
                            Is this incorporated in 3.5.4 yet?
                            Nop, still not working.

Comment

• funmasti
                              • Oct 2009
                              • 3.8.x

any update? coz i am still waiting to integrate 2co
                              Mastiya

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...