X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rcull
    • Jan 2005
    • 4.2.x

smilies don't work in wysiwyg and more doesn't work

I have just upgraded to 3.52. Most seems good, but I have a problem with the wysiwyg editor. When you click on a smily it doesn't appear in the editor. When you click on the "more" button, the additional smilies don't appear (the page does reload). If you preview or edit a message .html coding appears.

you can see this here: http://www.teambuick.com/forums/newt...newthread&f=96

Thanks,
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

To troubleshoot this, remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• rcull
      • Jan 2005
      • 4.2.x

I don't think I have anything that qualifies as a "hack" on the board beyond the photopost stuff. I have disabled the "plugins" through the admin panel. That didn't work.

I have reuploaded all the .php files. That didn't seem to work.

I have built most of a new templated force the site onto it disableing the others. That didn't work either.

When building the new template, I noticed the color picker isn't working either.

Comment

• rcull
        • Jan 2005
        • 4.2.x

I have now built a new style for the board, with nothing on it. deleted the old style. Reverted the default style. Reverted all sub forums and moved their parent style to the new one. So far no success!

I wish it would just work! like your board does!

Thanks

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

I don't see how this could happen with the original vB files and templates. However fill out a support ticket at:

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. Please also include a complete description of the problem.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...