X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaymzz
    • May 2006
    • 3.5.x

[Forum] Login and google issues?

I just upgraded from 3.8 to 4.0.7 and am having some log in troubles. When I log in with my password the log in screen pops up but then when it comes back to the main page of the forums I am not logged in. From there if I put in any random password it logs me in.

Also I can not find where to turn off the Google adds. I have looked all over my admin section and it is gone. I re uploaded all my files via FTP thinking that when I upgraded they didn't make it, but it didn't help.
    Thanks in advance

Edit.... I also do not have any hacks installed yet.
    Last edited by jaymzz; Wed 22 Sep '10, 5:51pm.
    www.carfreeks.net
  • g00gl3r
    • Sep 2004
    • 3.5.x

Sounds like a cookie issue. Can you login admincp and change your cookie setting in the drop down to .yourdomain.com?

Try that.

Also, if that didn't work, try flushing your DNS cache, clearing your cookies manually from your browser, and rebooting your PC. I had issues with a dodgy cache ones and it caused weird login problems.

Comment

• jaymzz
      • May 2006
      • 3.5.x

Thank you. I tried that and it didn't help. I am having the same problem on my Iphone with log in. I did clear my cookies and cache without any luck. I just re downloaded the 4.0.7 from vbulletin and tried as new install and still all the same.
      www.carfreeks.net

Comment

• jaymzz
        • May 2006
        • 3.5.x

Ok figured out the Google issue. It seems that the settings were changed so now there is a super admin now. I changed myself to a super admin and now can edit a few more items. Still having the log in issues though.
        www.carfreeks.net

Comment

• S S0DEN
          • Aug 2006
          • 3.5.x

I am also having the login issue as is a few of my users. You will login, then be redirected back to the forums, only to find out you are not logged in. Sometimes if you hit the "Forum" button on the left, it will reload the page and you are now logged in...

Comment

• jaymzz
            • May 2006
            • 3.5.x

It seems to be only for me so far on my forum. Please help.
            www.carfreeks.net

Comment

• jaymzz
              • May 2006
              • 3.5.x

I am getting emails from members telling me they can't log in. Can someone please help me with this so I don't start losing members.
              www.carfreeks.net

Comment

• S S0DEN
                • Aug 2006
                • 3.5.x

This worked for me: AdminCP > Settings > Options > Cookies and HTTP Header Options >

Under Cookie Domain:
                This option sets the domain on which the cookie is active. The most common reason to change this setting is that you have two different urls to your forum, i.e. example.com and forums.example.com. To allow users to stay logged into the forum if they visit via either url, you would set this to .example.com (note the domain begins with a dot.)

Mine was defaulted (blank) and I changed it to .sodenbowl.com Note the "." before the URL.

Make sure you have the tool.php file incase you lock yourself out lol.

Comment

• jaymzz
                  • May 2006
                  • 3.5.x

Cool thank you I will try it tonight when I am back on my computer.
                  www.carfreeks.net

Comment

• jaymzz
                    • May 2006
                    • 3.5.x

Originally posted by S S0DEN
                    This worked for me: AdminCP > Settings > Options > Cookies and HTTP Header Options >

Under Cookie Domain:
                    This option sets the domain on which the cookie is active. The most common reason to change this setting is that you have two different urls to your forum, i.e. example.com and forums.example.com. To allow users to stay logged into the forum if they visit via either url, you would set this to .example.com (note the domain begins with a dot.)

Mine was defaulted (blank) and I changed it to .sodenbowl.com Note the "." before the URL.

I tried this without any luck and it is still doing the same thing. Anyone have any ideas?
                    www.carfreeks.net

Comment

• hype901
                      • Mar 2004

I switched from .memphisracing.com to just (blank) and that seems to have fixed the issue for me. Weird.

Comment

• Huskermax
                        • Mar 2010
                        • 4.2.X

I am also having the login issue as is a few of my users. You will login, then be redirected back to the forums, only to find out you are not logged in. Sometimes if you hit the "Forum" button on the left, it will reload the page and you are now logged in...

Under Cookie Domain:

I only have one forum and one domain so I have it blank. And this still happens to my users.

Comment

• jaymzz
                          • May 2006
                          • 3.5.x

This helped me out from another thread.
                          Originally posted by TexasBoy
                          guyz i have solved my problem easly by editing " .htaccess " file (note : .htaccess you should but it with your forum files )(example : if your forum link (example.com/vb the .htaccess file should be in vb folder ) ...

the code i have add there will redirct all users and visitors from(example.com) to (www.example.com) becouse my problem was in (example.com) withou "www"

here is the code ( change XXXX to your site link )(and change "vb" in line 4 to your forum folder name or remove it if your forum installed in (www.example.com)

hope it will help you all and many thanks for vb team for helping ......
                          www.carfreeks.net

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...