Internet Brands Inc to be acquired by Hellman & Friedman Stockholders for $640million

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IB Adrian
    Former Senior Operations Manager
    • Jul 2008
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by vijayninel
    Hi, I would appreciate if Fabian Schonholz or Adrian can tell us as to what impact this will have on vBulletin if any.
    It shouldn't... we aren't going anywhere.

The the changes will mostly be internal with regards to how we report our financials.
    Adrian

Comment

• borbole
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by IB Adrian

The the changes will mostly be internal with regards to how we report our financials.
      Thank you for the clarification

Comment

• AlexanderT
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Floris
        Internet Brands stockholders will receive $13.35 in cash for each outstanding share of common stock they own. This price represents a premium of approximately 46.5% over the closing price on September 17, 2010.
        Good for James Ukropina, a member of INET's audit committee (...), for having only recently received 48125 shares (in form of options) then worth $200k. Two months later, today, those shares are worth $642k. If I was any interested in that, I'd ask how long ago acquisition talks began...

Comment

• Lizard King
          Banned
          • Mar 2004
          • 3.6.x

Quite interesting news. Hope it effect vBulletin in a positive way.

Comment

• Ramsesx
            • Aug 2005
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Floris
            Hellman & Friedman LLC is a leading private equity investment firm with offices in San Francisco, New York and London.
            Very bad news in my opinion, most of those equity companies buy out firms and press out as much money as possible.
            Alone the name "Hellman" speaks for itself.

Comment

• Alfa1
              • Dec 2005
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Ramsesx
              Very bad news in my opinion, most of those equity companies buy out firms and press out as much money as possible.
              Alone the name "Hellman" speaks for itself.
              You can only judge Hellman & Friedman LLC by looking at their history, their interests/objectives and their plans.
              I buy 420 forums

Comment

• vijayninel
                • Mar 2009
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by IB Adrian

Thanks for the reply Adrian. Please let us know if there are going to be any changes concerning vbulletin.
                www.erodov.com :cool:

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
                  • Sep 2001

Just when I thought things were solidifying, the door to uncertainty is opened wide once again.
                  Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• borbole
                    • Feb 2010

Please, let us not hurry and jump into conclusions but let us first wait and see how things will go instead.

Comment

• Mark.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Feb 2004
                      • 6.0.X

Nothing good ever comes of equity companies, they are asset strippers.

This is now an even worse situation than before, and will probably make the "old" Internet Brands look like the good guys.

Thank goodness for a certain OTHER announcement made elsewhere today.
                      MARK.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      ------------
                      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Ramsesx
                        • Aug 2005
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Alfa1
                        You can only judge Hellman & Friedman LLC by looking at their history, their interests/objectives and their plans.
                        Sure if you look at history they bought a lot of firms and after some years they sold them with a big profit. That's the business they do. They don't care for the products, only important is $$$.
                        B.t.w, it may be interesting, Mr. Hellman has also served as the General Partner at Lehman Brothers and served as president and chairman of Lehman Corporation.
                        Last edited by Ramsesx; Mon 20 Sep '10, 10:13am.

Comment

• IB Adrian
                          • Jul 2008
                          • 3.6.x

Mark,
                          Did you look at who this equity firm currently invests in, and has invested in before making such a broad brushed statement?

Best,
                          Adrian
                          Adrian

Comment

• MsJacquiiC
                            • Nov 2006
                            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
                            Nothing good ever comes of equity companies, they are asset strippers.

This is now an even worse situation than before, and will probably make the "old" Internet Brands look like the good guys.

Thank goodness for a certain OTHER announcement made elsewhere today.
                            lol yeah - today has been the day of interesting announcements thus far. It'll be intriguing to see what Hellman/Friedman decide to do with vB. I personally will not be purchasing any new vB licenses in the immediate future anyway - but xF sure is looking good LOL

"Question my skill set perhaps, but never question my heart." -- JacquiiCooke.com

Comment

• KevinL
                              • Apr 2005
                              • 3.8.x

Sell sell selll!!
                              HostAtom.net - Forum Hosting at it's best! Email [email protected] and find out more!
                              Cpanel, Softaculous, LiteSpeed, CloudLinux, Daily R1Soft backups, 24x7 Server monitoring

Comment

• IB Adrian
                                • Jul 2008
                                • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Ramsesx
                                Sure if you look at history they bought a lot of firms and after some years they sold them with a big profit. That's the business they do. They don't care for the products, only important is $$$.
                                Thats the way business works... if they sell it with a big profit, obviously the people who have purchased it feel that they have added a lot of value to the business
                                Adrian

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...