4.0.7 upgrade - Login not working...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Footman
    • Mar 2010

[Forum] 4.0.7 upgrade - Login not working...

The upgrade went perfectly, so I thought. The login area in the upper right of my site doesn't work as it used to. Now when I place the cursor in the "username" and "password" fields, the text that's already there doesn't disappear as i always has. Also, if I just back them out and type in the username and password and click login, I get the "wrong username and/or password screen, even with the correct info.

The only way to login is to use the center login box.

What happened?
  • Footman
    • Mar 2010

This appears to ONLY be happening with my FireFox 3.6.10 Mac version. It all works fine on Safari and Chrome. I do not know about windows versions of the browsers.

Comment

• nakedanvil
      • Mar 2010

What "center login box"?

Comment

• Footman
        • Mar 2010

essentially the message box that opens when you enter the wrong login info.

I've come to notice as well this may be a template issue as it doesn't happen with the default theme and only with FF for Mac...

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

If it isn't happening with the default style, then it is an issue with your custom style. I'd look at the fields included in the form and in all the stuff in the <head> tags to make sure it has all been upgraded or reverted.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• nakedanvil
            • Mar 2010

When I upgraded I got revised styles from the vendor.

Comment

• FractalizeR
              • Oct 2005
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by nakedanvil
              When I upgraded I got revised styles from the vendor.
              So, probably, you need to ask the vendor to solve this problem

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

Also possible that your browser just has cookie corruption. Clearing your cookies and restarting your browser would be the best place to start.

Comment

• Footman
                  • Mar 2010

After some trial and error with plugins I think I found the culprit - http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=229608 - vB4 SuperCharged. It also inteferes with showing the section widget on the front CMS page. I've disabled it for now and posted on their thread on vB.org in hopes they can remedy this.

*edit*
                  More specifically the issue is with one part of the product, when "Enable Javascript Optimiser" is enabled these issues are seen. So I disabled this feature and it's working fine now.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...